X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from CT

Hey Everyone
    I am an EMT student who test in December. I live in the northeastern part of CT where it is still very rural. I have only been with my volunteer FD for 5 months but I am in love with it!!!!! Once I am done with EMT class I hope to be a career EMT!!!! Any other EMT's from my neck of the woods I would love to hear from you!! Also I would love to hear some adivce on how to turn my passion into a career! Thanks!

If you are 21 years old or older you can easily get on AMR in Hartford. If you want to ride along with them for a shift, I know they have had ride alongs before. I see them all the time. Where do you live?
    IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Comment

Hey and thanks I live near Norwhich and I am only 19. So I don't know if that will hold me back or not.

Comment

Try contacting American Ambulance and see what the minimum age is for EMS. You can find them in the yellow pages. Back in my day 18 was good enough but I think AMR wants 21 and older. I used to work for Hunter's and they hired at 18. I live in Hebron by the way.

Comment

Hey thanks I will be contacting them as soon as I take my state test in Dec. and i find out how I do. I will keep you updated. I live in Sterling but almost no one knows where that is so if I say Norwhich people have heard of that!!!

Thanks

Comment

Farmgurl
            who was your emt instructor. When I was there it was Richard Brophy.

Comment

I took my EMT class in Canterbury w/ Sarah Hasbargen who is awesome!

Comment

any relation to Sandy Brophey? now Sandy Adams....

Comment

Beware Of Dick Brophey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Could've said Oneco and really left people scratching their head where that was at

Now I have to go and whimper in the corner pondering the fact I can remember when Oneco ran a converted oil tanker with a pull-start gasoline pump to offload it...and I just busted the chops of someone not born when I put in my application...(I'm from a few towns over).

Comment

OMG you know where Oneco is?!!! You are probally the only person outside of town that nows where it is!

Comment

OMG you know where Oneco is?!!! That is amazing!!

Comment

Ok I totally didnt mean to post two things about knowing where Oneco is I was not trying to be mocking I really am kinda a blonde with this computer thing!! Where are u from? You have to be close to know about Oneco! Do you still know anyone from over here and who do you run with? I cant belive that I actually found someone close to me who is into EMS and firefighting!!

Later

Comment

Turn off the blonde mode and look at the number at the end of my screen name

The only "fire" side person I've really dealt with personally from Sterling has been Lea through QV & EMT refreshers...and goodness, I haven't even seen her in person in a few years! My uncle was Superindent of Schools, but he would've retired right around when you would've been starting school.
                            Last edited by Dalmatian190; 11-30-2006, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hey I'm from Harwinton and teach at Burville with Sandy Adams and Rich Brophy tought my Fire Instructor class small world

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X