Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Firefighting, and new to this forum.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Firefighting, and new to this forum.

Hello,
    I am brand new to this site, and brand new to firefighting. I have officially been a member of my local Volunteer Fire Dept, for about a month now. I am located in South Carolina. I know almost nothing about FireFighting. I saw one of my fellow members, that had a copy of FireHouse magazine, and that led me to this site. I hope to learn alot about the Fire Service, from this site. I am supposed to start my 1152 training at the beginning of the year, around January 9th. My Dept is starting a rookie class, for the handfull of not so experienced FireFighters that it has on its Dept. I am to start that class tommorrow night. The only fire that I have been to so far, was a car fire. So I have no experience of, really, anykind. Like I said, I am brand new, and am here to learn. I think that this site will help me alot. Thanks yall.

Welcome

Welcome Boonedock to one the most dangerous and rewarding professions in the world.
    My best advise to you is to learn, learn, learn and never stop learning.
    I have been on the job as a vollie for 29 years and things have greatly changed. When I first started, haz mat was some thing done at a factory, we flushed every thing in to the ditch at a MVA (motor vehicle accident), SCBA's were few and far between and a 1" booster line was my departments first line off at every fire other than a barn fire. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
    This is definately a job where the phrase "knowledge is power" is VERY true, because what you don't know just might not only kill you but all your buddys, too.
    I wish you good luck and stay safe.
    "Your spill is our thrill."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...