This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wowser, everyone here, how cool is that

Hey, hey all. Been out to Arizona, Nevada's sin city, and up in the mountains of California, Big Bear. Brought back the Las Vegas flu and spent all night flying back with my ears killing me, but had to stop in and say hi to all the oldies and welcome to all the newbies.

Still reading and learning, however not exactly sure why. I never want to be in fire service, just admire those who have chosen the career.

I'm such a liar, liar pants on fire.LOL I know exactly why I am here. It's U

Greetings, Lilsis! So glad you bring such upbeat messages like this to the forum! Don't be a stranger, ya hear?
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

Comment

Welcome back Lilsis!
      Bruce Baker

Medic Student, EMT-I, EMT-I instructor, Haz-Mat FRO

Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Society Member

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01, God Bless America.
      "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET!"

Comment

welcome back
        Jaime
        No longer an explorer-
        Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
        KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
        I shed blood for my ruggers.
        <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
        www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment

Hope I am asking this question properly

Thank you everyone, you do make me feel welcome. I have a question and I understand the answers will vary depending on where you are from and whether you are careered or volunteers.

How does your department keep track of individuals training? Do you receive certifications you turn in to personnel or is the information entered into software by the trainer? I don't understand how you can keep up with recording your training.

Comment

Our Training division takes care of our training records. If we train at the station, we fill out a roster, and it eventually gets sent to training for our credit. Even when we "go to" training to take a class, we still fill out the roster to receive credit for it.
            http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
            Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Comment

I think I am lost

I thought I was on the Meet and Greet thread from a non firefighter. I think I am lost, I want to know where JVB, Craig, Joe, Darcy, Bob, Brenda and the rest are?

I am embarassed to the max.

Comment

Not lost, just confused... Just kidding Lilsis... We did miss you though good to have you back..

Our training is kept up by both a roster and certificates, that are entered into the data base on the stations computer.. The roster deals with in house training, and certificates or copies of your cards such as CPR, EMT, EMT-P, etc... are for outside courses taken..

We have 4 paid personnel and rest volunteer....

later and God Bless

Bob

Comment

Welcome back lilsis!
                  09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                  ------------------------------
                  IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                  "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                  BMI Investigator
                  ------------------------------
                  The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Hi Everyone

I found each of you to be helpful, just wondering why you aren't teaching in the Greetings from a non-firefighter thread? It is obvious you want to help cause, well fire people are just that way, but you all have varying degrees of more than one aspect of fire or rescue service information and I just thought I would move out here, just for a second and invite you in. The other thing is, there are some viable inventions coming stemming I think from these very threads. Come on, stir up a helpful tool it could save a life, come on in and discuss it with us. ThomasV thought of something after reading and crying 3000 Degrees. Isn't that the motivator here, to make something better of our world, as opposed to those that would just come in here and stir up trouble between family? I liked all of you for sharing your information whether you come in or not.

Thank you soooooo much!

lilsis

Comment

Lilsis I would have come over there to join but it was to far gone when I got there. That thread just keeps going and going. That is great. I read through the first 5-7 pages of it and had to go. I will never catch up on all the info flying in the thread. Like now I have more to say but gotta go.

TC and good Luck
                      Les Hartford
                      Assistant Chief
                      LMR Fire Dept.

The views posted here are strickly my own and not of any of the groups I am affiliated with.

IACOJ Member

Comment

We are not all southern, but we are gentile at Greetings

Thanks! Public Safety people don't just jump in to anything, do they?
                        Hahahahaha...understood. You folks should be attorney's, NAW, no alturism there.

Spoke to an attorney from Arkansas the other day. Last four digits of his phone number were 6666. He said dialing 3 sixes gets you the devil, 4 an attorney, hahaha, that wasn't a hard sell.

Have a Great evening!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X