This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself to everyone. I am currently taking some fire science courses at my local community college here in Arizona and am working on getting my AAS degree in fire science. I am also currently looking to get on a department around here but most departments require an EMT certification and FFI&II which I currently don't posses yet. I look forward to being able to gain some valuble knowledge about the fire service by browsing these forums. One question that I do have at this moment is to those working for FDNY. One of my teachers who is a Battalion Cheif for one of the departments here was saying that out in NYC a lot of the people join the NYPD and then transfer over to the FDNY after something like 2-5 years. Is there any truth to that statement or was that something that used to take place? I just found that information a little shocking since FDNY only tests every few years or so. Sorry for the long winded message but I look forward to talking to all of you and gaining some great info from here.

Adam
    (A FF Hopeful )

hey. welcome to firehouse forums
    Jaime
    No longer an explorer-
    Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
    KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
    I shed blood for my ruggers.
    <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
    www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment