This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College

Hi! Im a 13 years of age and im looking for a college to go to. I would like your help. Im looking for a college that will train me to become a fire rescue/paramedic. Can you please help me and don't tell me im to young? Thank You! Emsjunior

ps. i've been vollentering at my local ambulance garage and am surtifide on CPR/AED i can't use and AED though im to young. Also When i turne 16 im ging to join my local fire department.
    0%

college

Where I live when you join a volunteer department they will see that you get the traing and may even pay for it. The college that serves my area in louisiana is lsu. Here is the website for them: feti.lsu.edu They have a course catalog. Or if you want to take fire science there are different classes you can take through the internet.
    Last edited by KLfire; 06-12-2003, 01:42 PM.

Comment

here i did a search for fire science and i found this thread that i originally started.

fire science

Comment

Where do you live?? In Upstate NY there is a college called Schnectady County Community College..they have what you are looking for..Thats where I go, I am going to school to be a firefighter...or fire investigator...still undecided.

Comment

More & more community colleges are putting together programs for allied health, including nursing, paramedic, and fire science. You will also find some baccalaureate degree programs in emergency services. You are doing the right thing by spending time in the field before totally jumping in for education. If you choose to stay with it, terrific! We're always glad to get eager people who want to learn. If you go into something else, that's great too. You gave it a shot. Either way, good luck!

~Kevin
          FF/Paramedic
          ~Kevin
          Firefighter/Paramedic
          --^v--^v--^v--^v--
          Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
          Dennis Miller

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse