X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinery Firefighter

Hello everyone !

Just a quick hello while I have some time. Work a 12 hr shift with 14 operator's that respond as ff's if the need arise's.

Our dept. has 1 on shift at all times, who operates as the IC, with 3 additional on days during the regular week. Additional volunteers are management and hourly employees.

We operate 2 Engines - 1500 gpm & 1000 gpm, 1 Ladder - 75'/3000 gpm, 2 Tankers - 3000 gal. & 4700 gal. AFFF/ATC, 1 Hazmat Unit w/ Support Trailer, 1 Trench/Confined Space Rescue Unit w/ Support Trailer and 2 BLS Squads.

Well, got to go. If anyone else out there is with a Refinery FD, like to hear from you and tell me what you have.

Welcome to firehouse forums
    Engine 101
    The Pride of Old Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeU8-8xSvMU

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/Seagrave7/

Comment

Welcome to the Forums...I went to University of Maryland Smoke Divers in 1985/86 with a couple guys from Chews Landing.
      09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
      ------------------------------
      IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
      "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
      BMI Investigator
      ------------------------------
      The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

4700 gal tanker? That's some big water. How much is your part of Jersey covered with hydrants, if at all? Welcome to Firehouse!

~Kevin
        ~Kevin
        Firefighter/Paramedic
        --^v--^v--^v--^v--
        Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
        Dennis Miller

Comment

Originally posted by kghemtp
          4700 gal tanker? That's some big water. How much is your part of Jersey covered with hydrants, if at all? Welcome to Firehouse!

~Kevin
          The tankers all carry foam, which allows us bring large amounts close to the scene, i.e. tank fire, and sustain the attack until other resources arrive.

The suburban areas all have hydrants, while rural areas still rely on tank water or lakes and streams for water supply.

Comment

I did some work in the Mobil refinery in Melbourne a couple of years back and they had a foam truck- from all appearances is a petrol tanker, but instead carries approx. 36,000 litres of ATC foam! That's a hell of a lot from any ones account, but in a refinery situation, wouldn't really take that long to chew through.

This truck, along with their own pumper would respond and start application whilst waiting for fire brigade attendance.

Also spread around the site on their monitors from memory were 1000 litre totes of foam...
            Luke

Comment

welcome to the firehouse forums.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse