Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day from Australia; looking for pen-pals, new friends

G'day from Toowoomba, Australia!

I hope you will not mind my visit. I am not at present a firefighter / EMT - though I used to do paid medical first response work some years back - and I am very seriously considering joining the fire services here (though I have some obstacles to work through in the short-term.)

Lately I have been undergoing something of a personal revolution - becoming more social, conquering long-held anxiety, building a new career, improving my fitness and strength, and many other things. I am 37. The last ten-years or so have been a roller-coaster of personal challenges and growth opportunities. (I'll spare you the details here and now!)

Long story short - I am looking to meet people and hopefully, with time, make some lasting friendships. If you're curious, or looking for distant pen-pals, or whatever - I would love to chat with some of you at length sometime.

There are so many things to ask and say, and so much I'd love to share (perspective, enthusiasm and the like.)

I can be very wordy. I have a software engineering background and I have spent the last decade studying spiritual philosophy. Though I tend to be quite open and non-judgemental, and love a good discussion about almost anything.

If any of my skills might be of use to anyone in the community, please feel free to reach out. I write, have done some advocacy work, can build websites, hold my own in a heated bureaucratic discussion, etc.

Firefighting has grabbed my interest lately, for a number of reasons. I'm looking at my work situation. There are a number of personal character traits which fit the fire services brilliantly - and some that don't. I feel interested enough in the area to have started informal study in the field along side my other commitments - family and such.

Firefighting as a profession is a very tangible expression - to me - of the best attributes of humanity - courage in the face of adversity, truth, compassion, humility, and the like. Reflection on this has been very deep and spiritual for me. It has been a key to resolving some long-running personal difficulties.

Anyway, hopefully there are some conversation starters above, and I've not been an unwelcome intrusion. If you'd like, please get in touch. I'd love that!

Ask me anything.

Be safe,

josh

Hey! Glad to see a good man here. Tell me, do you need professional acquaintances or just friendly ones? It's just that this site has a lot of useful things for the profession, but is not suitable for active acquaintance. I will take the liberty of giving you such a link on new dating tech trends. This is a fairly simple popular article where there is a list of the most comfortable technical means (and applications) for communication. Much of this allows you to sort members by professional or age. It's comfortable)

Comment

Originally posted by StanJonesJr View Post
      Hey! Glad to see a good man here. Tell me, do you need professional acquaintances or just friendly ones? It's just that this site has a lot of useful things for the profession, but is...
      Cheers mate, appreciate the response. I'll look elsewhere at this time - as you say, this site is heavily geared to professional acquaintances - and at this time I'm after the friendly variety. =)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X