Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction

Firehouse Forums Community,

Hello everyone! I just thought I'd introduce myself and tell you a bit about how I got on Firehouse Forums in the first place. For starters, I'm from Mid-Michigan, I am a fire photographer, and I was an Explorer for the department next to where I live now for roughly two years before being forced to resign due to moving cities. I have always had a passion in Fire/EMS and I am actually going to my local high school's fire academy next year to get my Firefighter I/II and whatnot. As of now, my current city's department doesn't have an Explorer program, however, I intend on getting one started so I can get back into it. As for how I got onto the Firehouse Forums website, I was looking for different tips and advice from people that have gone through the academy or have some "words of wisdom" when it comes to the fire service. I guess this really sums it all up for now. Thank you guys for letting me become a part of this great community!

Stay safe,

Explorer Clark

So how old are you?

And what grade are you in?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

I am 16 and I am a Junior (11th grade) in high school right now.

Comment

Sounds good

If a career in FD is your goal, you are on the right track.

Apply yourself

Stay out of any trouble,,,,,, Including parking tickets

Start working out weights and running/ breathing

If you are a swimmer, good for getting in shape

Find a couple of mentors that will guide you

Would leave the explorer alone,,, till you get hired
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

It's nice to see someone have a clear purpose at a young age. I'm wondering .. Will the average grades at high school affect training as a firefighter? Do I need to work with tutors as I prepare to enter a regular university or college? Or you can study only the necessary subjects and give others to WriteMyAssignment.com. I know that many colleges and universities have high competition for admission.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X