Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Titles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titles?

I was a firefighter in Texas for five years. My career was ended in 2015 due to injury from a building collapse. I suffered a dislocated hip, fractured femur and torn ligaments in my knee. Due to permanent damage to my hip and knee, I am no longer able to perform the duties and thus my career ended.
    my question is what would be appropriate to claim as my title? I hate saying "Ex-firefighter" it just rings as dishonorable, or like I got fired. Though having served on a retirement for only five years I don't feel justified in saying "Retired Fighter". So my question to the community is what label should I use when talking about my short career as a firefighter?
    My Captain (whom I'll still very close to) says once a firefighter, always a firefighter. And leaves it at that lol. What say you, the community?
    My favorite training photo. Just because...
    Last edited by pecancreek742; 01-24-2018, 01:54 PM. Reason: Sorry for posting in the wrong section!
    It's not what you do... It's who you are...

I'm a firefighter, but that job almost killed me so now I work as a..................

Comment

How does this come up in the first place? I guess when I introduce myself I just say my name and then if people want more info I give it. In your case if they want to know what you did or how you got hurt then explain. I was a firefighter for the XYZ Fire department but was severely injured and forced to retire.
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

It normally comes up because people ask about my thin red line sticker on my Jeep, as well as I wear a thin red line flag patch on my uniform, rather than a standard flag. But the primary reason I ask is because I was directly asked "are you an ex-firefighter or retired?" By my nephew, and I honestly wasn't quite sure how to answer.

​​​​​​Didn't intend to mislead, but 95% of the time these discussions happen amongst family and close friends, not random people. My sister and dad in particular like to talk about it whether I'm around or not, the same as they discuss my other sister being a Marine. So...yeah. The question came up several times and as I don't want to claim something that possibly isn't mine to claim, so I figured I'd ask the community! No harm in that.
        It's not what you do... It's who you are...

Comment

former firefighter? firefighter who suffered a career ending injury? I think you are over thinking this.
          If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse