Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Houston Fire Department Recruit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Fire Department Recruit

Hey there everyone, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm currently going through the recruitment process for the HFD and took my civil service test back in March 2017 and have had all the steps completed except for the final background check. My recruiter has told me over and over that we should be getting a result soon and then my file will go through the last "audit". I'll be completely honest I was pretty confident throughout this process because of my rank, but after 9 months going on 10 I'm pretty nervous.

Never have been part of a forum, so I'm pretty new how this all works. Hope everyone is doing well and if there is any HFD personnel out there let me know because I'd love to ask some questions.

Not with houston,

but do do a search using houston, and read prior houston processes.

The bigger the city the longer the process.

If you make it great!! If not get ff certified and emt, paramedic better. Than start testing everywhere.

Comment

Houston is a great department, but the pay sucks, and the Mayor is intent on destroying the department. If you want in the area, look at Katy Fire just 20 miles west - great pay, great Chief, great city leadership. Pay is probably 20k higher than Houston going in, more after you get medic, which they will reimburse you for.

I don't know what you mean by your rank, but that don't mean anything to a big department. Do you have EMT, Medic, any advanced certs? FFI and II through IFSTA or PROBOARD? The BIG departments don't care all that much, because they are going to send you through their academy, but medium to small it can make a major difference. (EMT and MEDIC not so much, big cities look for those also)
      Last edited by LVFD301; 11-14-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I saw that the firefighters have been rallying to get equal pay as cops. has that gained any traction? Looks like recruit FF's make $28k/year while recruit cops make over 40k.

Kinda crappy cause Dallas Fire starting pay is 20k/year better.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90