• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by danmac View Post
    Hello Brothers,

My name is Dan and I'm a Firefighter with Kent Fire and Rescue Service in England, I work as a Retained Firefighter/On Call or Part-time, whatever they call it now. My station does about 400 calls a year locally and more off of our station ground. Most of our calls are to Road Traffic Collisions with us being so close to 3 major highways. I heard about this site from a visiting US Firefighter and thought I'd have a look, you'll have to excuse some of my language as we seem to name things differently, even though we all speak English

Any way look forward to participating

Dan
    Welcome aboard!

Nice to have the non-us folks on this board.

As for the differences in our language, don't sweat it. I can't tell you want most of the folks from the southern US are saying half the time. Kind of like the Welsh, you know?

Leave a comment:

• BULL321
    replied
    Originally posted by danmac View Post
    Hello Brothers,

My name is Dan and I'm a Firefighter with Kent Fire and Rescue Service in England, I work as a Retained Firefighter/On Call or Part-time, whatever they call it now. My station does about 400 calls a year locally and more off of our station ground. Most of our calls are to Road Traffic Collisions with us being so close to 3 major highways. I heard about this site from a visiting US Firefighter and thought I'd have a look, you'll have to excuse some of my language as we seem to name things differently, even though we all speak English

Dan
    Glad to have a board, and don't worry about speaking the King's English, we'll make an exception in your case!

Leave a comment:

• danmac
    started a topic Hello Brothers Across the Pond

Hello Brothers Across the Pond

Hello Brothers,

Dan
    Last edited by danmac; 01-11-2011, 04:33 AM.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X