This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new recruit in Ohio

Hey,guys, I'm Christian. I just joined a small VFD(about 600 EMS and fire calls/year) . I had to join a dept about 10-15 min from home b/c the VFD that's <3 min from my house wouldn't take me b/c policy there says 5yrs must have passed since my last seisure and it's only been 3 (my doctor tried altering my med dosage) Anyway, I had to get a variance voted on me since I lived outside the township. It passed unanimously and I've about an hour of training on each our cascade system and our engine thus far. I'm excited to be on and I look forward to learning more. I ultimately want to get into investigations, and this makes me a 2nd generation firefighter

Originally posted by Christian1147 View Post
    Hey,guys, I'm Christian. I just joined a small VFD(about 600 EMS and fire calls/year) . I had to join a dept about 10-15 min from home b/c the VFD that's <3 min from my house wouldn't take me b/c policy there says 5yrs must have passed since my last seisure and it's only been 3 (my doctor tried altering my med dosage) Anyway, I had to get a variance voted on me since I lived outside the township. It passed unanimously and I've about an hour of training on each our cascade system and our engine thus far. I'm excited to be on and I look forward to learning more. I ultimately want to get into investigations, and this makes me a 2nd generation firefighter
    Welcome to the fire service!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X