Hello from Caddo Mills tx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Caddo Mills tx.

I am a 32 yr. old self employed contractor looking to start my fire fighter and emt career.I have looked into many fire training schools, but im not sure if thats the way to go or not.Or if being 32 and looking to become a fire fighter emt is a waste of time.Anybody witha advice?

Most Texas departments require you to be no older than 35. You can still do it though.
    You can go to a jr college like McLennan County and get your EMT-B and TCFP certification. Usually those are required before testing. Meanwhile, test at any department you can that doesn't require certifications, just to get practice, and maybe land you a job. Some places hire uncertified and put you through the school. It saves money but it's harder to get on. After you get the inital TCFP and EMT-B cert go for your paramedic. Due to you being 3 years from the age cut-off I'd strongly recommend testing until you get certified. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! That knowledge will help me very much

Comment

I don't know what you currently do for a living but you could get your EMT basic and try to work for Hunt county EMS to get some experience and see how you like it. Also, all of the fire departments around you are volunteer pretty much. Check it out.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X