Gore Meets with Firefighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore Meets with Firefighter

Mr Carter: I read you commentary with interest. It was to the point and cute. After reading this morning's paper. I thought this post was needed. Vice President Gore came to Sarasota, Fla. Saturday Sept. 30,2000 to pratice for three days at Mote Marine Laboratory for his upcoming debate. The article stated he would invite twelve citizens that he has met while campaining come to advise him on current issues. The article indicated he had lunch with the advisors Sunday on ST. Armands Circle at Charley's Crab Restaurant. The article further stated that one of the advisors was Matt Moseley an Atlanta firefighter. I don't know if Mr. Moseley was chosen because he was a firefighter. I hope to think so. The article can be read on the internet at www.newscoast.com The Sarasota Herald-Tribune. I do know that in 1996 when Vice President Gore was in Sarasota preparing for the debate with Jack Kemp. His Sectet Service representaives attended all the Emergency Operations Center briefings we had on his local travel and a Hurricane looming in the Gulf of Mexico. Simular to where Hurricane Kieth will be this week. I just thought it of interest that a firefighter was one of his twelve citizen advisors. John H. Albritton Fire Chief Retd. Sarasota County, Florida.

Harry Carter and Jalbritt,

Bravo, bravo, Harry Carter. You always bring to the forefront the cause of America's fire service. The politicians do pay to little attention to the fire service.

However, I do believe that Al Gore is a friend of the fire service. He did visit Worchester and walk to the cold storage warehouse paying tribute to those 6 brave souls who perished there. None of the other presidential candidates did. He is highly regarded by the Hew Hampshire fire service as they marched him into a small town during the primary there. He knows of us. He may not know us yet, but, he seems open to idea.

Again your words still ring true as for any politician giving the National, Local, or Municipal fire service its due. Friendship isn't enough. We need results, i.e. the Fire Bill.

Let's hope that whoever is elected knows us, our hearts, our dedication, and our commitment.

Regards,
    Bob Miller

Comment

Well put by Harry Carter! To the point and amusing. Although Al Gore may have been to Worchester, and he invited the guy from Atlanta, how many times has either, Al Gore or George Bush, been to the small rural volunteer dept that is ran by 10 guys using equipment 20 yrs old? I bet neither of them have been close. My point is if they never see the worse it can never get better. It is like taking our firefighters and training them in the easiest senarios. I can bet Mr. Moseley was chosen not only because he was a ff but becasue he was an Atlanta ff. If you were Al Gore, promoting your self, would you choose a Happy ff from Atlanta or the burnt out volly from rural USA? The point here is things are done for a reason, to benefit the image of the canadate.

Then again i could be wrong......

------------------
      Put the wet stuff on the red stuff
      Visit our Dept. Schodack Valley
      Steve Kelly Jr.
      SVFC

Comment

Politicians and diapers both need to be changed on a regular basis and for the same reason.

Comment

The Vice President has again chosen to try and take advantage of someone elses hard work. The reason Mr. Gore chose Matt Mosely was because of his well known status as a "hero" ( he was the guy hanging from the helicopter during the Fire at the old cotton mill in 1998, and rescued the crane operator). So Mr. Gore is not concerned about what he can do for us firefighters, rather what we can do for him. DO NOT TRUST THIS PHONY.

Comment

GORE INVENTED FIREFIGHTING & CLINTON THE HOSE!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X