Baltimore Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Comments

Just read Dr. Carter's comments on the Baltimore situation...Hear hear!!!! I agree 100%...I hope that his comments find it to the e-mail posts of city leaders across this country. God knows my dept could use a little more appreciation from a certain number of city councilpersons....

------------------

I hope that firehouse thinks twice about having the "Firehouse Expo" in Baltimore next year. Until the bean counters stop playing russian roullette with the citizens and the firefighters; we should stop contributing to that city. That is the only way the bean counters will feel the pressure to listen and possibly make positive changes.
    Harry is truely on the right track with his editorials. Keep up the good work; maybe someday soon some of the fire service will start listening to your ideas.

Comment

Just wondering......

The Baltimore City Fire Dept. website boasts of a nearly 60% decline in building and residential fires since 1994. This is impressive if truly accurate. I question the accuracy because I read that they changed the reporting criteria from "All Calls" to "All First Due Calls". Maybe a brother in Baltimore can confirm this.
      Last I heard, there is no exemption from injury or LODD when operating outside your first due area. Just another example of political BS and the truth being twisted to support the flawed logic of some.
      I've heard that there is an effort by the union to restore two of the companies, not sure which ones.
      Agree with moving FH Expo but where? seems everywhere you look firefighters are getting the shaft by the powers that be. Philly and DC are obvious examples.
      Best of luck to brothers and sisters fighting fires AND political indifference everywhere.

Comment

Thanks to those who support baltimore citys firefighters. i no longer feel proud to be a baltimore city fireman. Again the political powers choose the knee jerk reaction of closing companies to ease their finacial woes. the GBC has no experience or knowledge to close 7 companies and i can nt figure out why they would want to take that responsiblity. matters are made worse by ; taking companies O/S to man red medic units (bls) when no medic units are availible, cutting response assignments when units are unavailible , deplorable first and second line apparatus, poor training and the on going contract law suits. on top of this we have those at headquarters making new absurd rules every hour, station supplies stretched due to budget cuts and the GBC yet to be implemented suggestions such as less vacation, painting park benches,cleaning stream beds, and providing stadium security.
        I hope that firehouse magazine finds another place more suitable for its convention next year as well as offer its view of this citys fine mayor and top notch administration every chance they get

Comment

I don't know if it would work or not, but it would be nice if the planners of the FIREHOUSE Expo would show some solidarity for the fire service and put their show in another town, along with a lengthy explanation as to why. It would even be nice to see them encourage other organizations to move their shows to other places, too...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X