Worcester – Back to Business as Usual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I just finished reading Harry's column and I am in a state of shock. Harry couldn't have said it better, and the city ought to be ashamed. Working in Massachusetts and living through thoose awful days, I find it hard to believe that anyones memory could be that short. Way to tell it like it is......

------------------
    Remember, when the Chief says "gimme a second" he might just be collecting his thoughts!

Dave LeBlanc
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I agree with Harry. I figure that being a politican in any area that a death occurs, I would give them anything they needed, with in reason, for the safety of the Firefighters and community. I can not believe that he has said what he said, I hope this community wakes up and smells the coffee.
    Protest and make your feelings know. You run the community. The politican will surcome to the pressure of the community.
    God bless the families of my brothers!

[This message has been edited by Crash (edited June 14, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The unfortunate part of this is that politicians never change...but neither does the public that continues to elect them into office. Why is it that we, as a public, set back and allow the politicians to "blow sunshine up our skirts" and then re-elect them when we find out that all the while we were being robbed of what we thought we were paying taxes for?

I was raised to take pride in community and government. To register to vote at 18 and vote, be informed and involved. Why have we as a people in this country become so complacent? Is it because we have never had to know what it is like to be told "you will do it my way or else"? (But wait, indirectly, isn't that what the City Hall at Worcester is saying?!)

It is long past time for the people to take back control of the country from the career politicians and make this a citizen's government again!

------------------
    Remember - Safety is a way of Life!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I agree wholeheartedly.....these politicians need to wake up and smeel the smoke....they say the need to spread the city's budget but they can not and will not see the need for the fire department to have the simple equipment it needs to save lives and properties! what a sham! another thing I do not like to see is public doantions for the tragedy in December being used to update and purchase equipment for the fire department, this should be done by those city managers and other city politicians with the cities budget, instead lets use the donations to build a tribute to fallen brothers of Worcester.....stay safe...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As usual I agree with Mr. Carter!

City Manager Thomas Hoover is a good example of an inability to delegate decisions and/or to accept the feedback. In short - he is dangerous.

Prioritize? I'll bet they have nice sidewalks in Worcester. It isn't like the Chief is asking for designer gear, parade uniforms or a new dalmation for the firehouse. He's asking for basic safety equipment.

What can the Chief do? He has asked the powers that be for money, he has even gone to the community and begged (sometimes successfully) for money and equipment. He had to 'borrow' a thermal imaging camera from a smaller dept? What's next - will Mr. Hoover ask if he really needs those hoses?

If Mr. Hoover is allowed to continue on this path, they'll need those parade uniforms - for the next funerals.

------------------
    Susan Bednar
    Captain - Forsyth Rescue
    North Carolina Strike Force 1

Leave a comment:

• webteam
    started a topic Worcester – Back to Business as Usual

Harry Carter's Command Post Commentary

The Latest Commentary:
    http://www.firehouse.com/carter/061100.html

Feel free to discuss Harry's commentary here, pose questions, etc.

WebTeam

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X