Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• berlinfire
    replied
    can any of you send me one of your truck check sheets to take a look at. just getting some info to make check sheets for our department. thanks

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    Shift change is done at 0700 hours. The driver for the day (drive one day, ride the jumpseat the next) does apparatus checks immediately, while the rest of the crew gets to have downtime & breakfast till 0800. Rig check usually takes about 15-20 minutes, so he/she can still get a little breakfast in before the "real" workday begins.

Leave a comment:

• fireman4949
    replied
    We change shifts @ 1900 hrs. (That's a whole other issue!)

Every unit is checked in by the Driver/Operator and a FF immediately upon relieving the prior shift. The ALS equipment and narcotics are checked in immediately by the on-coming Paramedic .

All inspection/inventory documentation is logged and signed by the officer of that particular unit. The only exception to this being done as soon as the personnel swap has been made is to respond to a call.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• KenNFD1219
    replied
    Shift change is 0800 and 1700. Rig checks start immediately and are usually done within 15 to 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• RyanEMVFD
    replied
    We usually check them out first thing if call volume allows it. Also depends on what the off going crew reports. If they had a busy day, we make it first thing a priority. If they had a slow or easy day, than we check off when we can.

Leave a comment:

• Gillgrabber
    started a topic WHEN to do rig checks?

WHEN to do rig checks?

Like most Departments, our shift day starts at 0700. We have a brief roll call to see who's here and make assignments, then the FFs are given an hour for breakfast. They don't start their vehicle checks until AFTER breakfast, or around 0800. In essence, they often wind up taking calls without having checked the rigs - a bad thing in my mind. I'd like to see the FFs do their checks FIRST as I've never understood why the first thing we do is take a break; however, tradition is everything and that's the way it's always been in my Dept. Since change is easier to bring about if you can show what others are doing, I'm asking what others do first - rig checks, eat, or something else?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X