PGFD gone bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGFD gone bankrupt

FYI- PGFD has gone bankrupt. A memo today states that only EMS supplies and PPE will be issued for the rest of the year. Only "necessary" appartus repairs will be made. No other equipment or supplies will be issued for the rest of the year. There is even talk about downsizing respones to save fuel. Pretty pathethic isn't it? Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I've heard of lean times but this is riduclous-- we have to fight to get toliet paper.

Yup, same in my "County Department" We used to be the biggest in the State,and last year we lost 50 allocations (Ouch). We used to provide Paramedic service for the entire County, which allowed us to place rescues with "redundancy" to cover all of the areas of the County. Now the Legislators saw in their wisdom to allow all agencies to provide their own P.M. service, now they're spread all over the place. EMS delivery has gotten worse, and the cost to deliver the same service is now much more costly. We don't have any money to staff our air & light truck due to budget cuts. We went over a month before a electric garage door to a station was repaired! I do feel your pain.

Doug Morgan
    FF/PM

Comment

A few years back, while Assistant Fire chief of an Air Force Fire dpeartment in King Salmon, Alaska the base we protected "ran out" of money about a month before the fiscal year ended - the stupity was there were supplies on the shelves but we couldn't draw them as there were no funds. Had to have my firefighters chip in for toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc.

Comment

JOIN THE CLUB! I USED TO BE A MEMBER AT 31'S WHILE I WAS IN COLLEGE. MY DEPARTMENT IS STARTING TO CUT BACK. FUEL USAGE MAIN CONCERN. THE GOOD TIMES HAVE COME TO AN END.
        WE HAVE CUT OUT SOME NON EMERGENCY USE OF APPARATUS.

Comment

Welcome to the club....Uncle Sam hasn't had any money in years....Can't even buy new gloves....

Comment

I don't mind if the money just ain't there but get this.
            I work as a fire marshal for a municipality. My partner and I have been placing money in our budget for the last several years to replace our vehicles on a rotating basis. My present vehicle is a 1994 Ford Crown Vic with I don't know how many miles on it because the odometer has been broken for the last year. I got it from the Police detectives when I came to work for this municipality in 1998.
            We put in the 2001 budget that we were going to use the money that had been placed in the capital improvement section of our budget to replace my vehicle and we were denied even though the money was allocated for this.
            This same municipality has spent over $12 million on recreational facilities in the last three years, and the staff of the rec department is now at thirty (30).
            Don't ya just love the politics???

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X