Life's not fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life's not fair

How many of you out there, working 24 / 48, split leap day - FEB 29th - into three 8 hour days - to eliminate one shift from working Christmas two years in a row?

The Union is going to ask for this in the next contract. Believe it or not, there are cities in our area who adjust their schedule for this issue. I was just curious if there were others out there who do this. By the way, we do not make any adjustments for Daylight Savings Time. Thanks for your input.

[This message has been edited by 21TFD (edited October 09, 2000).]

Yeah Right, Thats actually kinda funny. I think the administration would laugh at us if we asked for something like that. Just one of those things that comes with the job. You know you work every 3rd day with no questions.

------------------
    Anything i say in the forums is my opinion and does not reflect my department or any organization i belong to.

Comment

Here's a similar question. How do you handle the days when daylight savings time changes? Do you get an hour of OT in the fall and get docked an hour in the spring?

Since I work night shift (2300-0700) as a Police Officer, I get hit with it every year. What we do is pretend its just a regular shift with no adjustments, as far a payroll is concerned.

Comment

I've worked various types of shifts for almost 15 years and I've actually celebrated Christmas on the actual day about 3 of those years. But then there is Christmas with your family, then Christmas with the spouses family. Then sometimes you celebrate 3 or more Christmas's in 2-3 days because of those special kids you have that are with their mom or dad and you realize how special each one of those are and it's not just that date on the calendar(other than Christ's birth) because you are with the special people in your life!

Comment

Hey, watch it!.. because of leap year I got christmas off this year!... we get paid straight through on going to daylight saving time and pick up an hour of OT going the other way.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X