Constant staffing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant staffing

Hi Brothers and Sisters, I currently work for a Deparment that is trying to constant staff our ACLS engine companies with 4 personnel instead of 3. I am looking for information to help me with a presentation to a fire board and/or city counsel. Money is always the question but that is not the case. Our second due engine is 8 to 10 minutes under good conditions. Any information woud be greatly appreciated.

Um....what's the problem?

Unless you got your numbers backward, I'd say you got a good thing going

Comment

Hello:

Having been there, done that, not quite, almost, I offer the following suggestion:

Stage a demo "live" full blown cardiac arrest code situation on the floor of the City Council Chambers. Start out with something like this: "Imagine you or your loved one has experienced a heart attack, they stop breathing and are in need of immediate care, the clock starts ticking, you dial 911, (use real time) you give 911 all the information ( a tape may help of an actual or again staged call) you hang up and begin CPR if you know it, and wait for the FD to arrive, (again use real time just be quiet for 3-5 minutes, it'll seem like hours) Have your 4 actors enter and approach the patient. Narrate what each of the four persons duties are ie. 1-CPR compressions, 2-Airway intubation, Ventilations, 3- Meds prep, administer- De fib Set up, 4- Go fer, cot, equipment set up, IV set up, assist compressions, move furniture to access patient, medical control communications,etc. Have an actor "distraught family member" interupt and remove one of the four to handle them (or a cop if they respond in your area. Repat the scenario with 3 if they desire and show how much longer applied care takes. EMPHASIZE that all 4 may not need to be a part of the ambulancetransport team if that is your system frreing them up sooner for return to duty.

Have your medical control person assist. Have them attest to how many (more than 4) work a code in the ER......

If you don't bill for your response, start to as the revenue can count towards the 4th person. If you don't bill you are simply SUBSIDIZING the insurance companies and Medicare who are willing to pay. "Your" money then just goes to someone else who bills, but aren't you nice to the taxpayers......duh!

GOOD LUCK!

firepros

Comment

FIREPROS.....great idea. Sometimes it takes a "real-time" demonstration to get the attention of the "founding fathers". KREED, more is better when EMS is the issue.
        Good luck!
        Just my opinion.

Be safe. The dragon lurks!!!!

Comment

On the fire side, how about explaining the Respiratory Standard and 2 in/ 2 out. With your second due 8-10 mins away thats along time to stay out of a burning structure, allowing fire development and those "non-obvious" victims a better chance to meet their maker.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X