Preplans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preplans

What format or system does your dept use for your building preplans? Do you use laptops? Do you keep the structure information in a three ring binder? Please be as descriptive as possible on your particular system. If you do not responde with any preplan information, I would like to know that also.

[This message has been edited by Chief 460 (edited May 25, 2000).]

Hi Chief 460. We keep our preplans in a three ring binder.We are trying to budget for 2 laptops, for our first out trucks.
    The binder worked ok for awile but as we have put more drawings in the book it has become a pain, went from 1 small binder to 2 large binders. Iam the person in our dept that puts the drawings into the computer, the system we us is firezone 7.0. It a easy system to learn and use.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Comment

At Hanford Fire we use 3 ring binders with a plan in a plastic sleeve.

At last count, I think there was over 300 in the binders.

On my engine we use two 3 ring binders due to the amount of facilities and buildings we have as 1st due in.

We call this prefire plan a quick access plan, I have forgotten where we got it, I think it was from a department the Fire Marshall had been at before. It is an abbreviated form of a long NFPA form but has all the needed info in it. For complex facilities or running facilities we carry the complete long prefire plan.

I keep whining about laptops but the budget kills me everytime. Someday!!

I think I have the plan in my harddrive and will get it emailed to you, if not I have it at work and will be there next week (6 day off for the Holiday). Don

------------------

Comment

We use Hansens Crossfire software package and Visio Fireline for the graphics to archive them, and an expanding file folder to keep them in for reference.

BUT

This topic was posted a few weeks back and one department replied they built their preplans like web pages and stored them locally on the apparatus computer. That way no long drawn out process of working through a program and it's easy for everyone, almost all of us know how to surf the web.

I played with it, I like it! though I don't think at present it will work for us (due to the call volume vs the time it takes to get a computer up from a cold start).

I'd be happy to send you (and anyone else) a copy of the web page form I developed. It has links for different info as well as floor plans and photos for you to try.

Scott

Comment

We have three ring binders in the trucks with the layouts of the apartment, condominium and industrial complexes in the city. The preplan information, including directions, hydrant and water source locations, special hazards and other factosr are on the tear sheet printout that gets generated for every incident. The software is from Pamet Systems in Acton, Massachusetts.

------------------
          We boldly go where no one else dares...
          take care and stay safe
          Lt. Gonzo

Comment

We have three ring binders in the trucks with the layouts of the apartment, condominium and industrial complexes in the city. The preplan information, including directions, hydrant and water source locations, special hazards and other factosr are on the tear sheet printout that gets generated for every incident. The software is from Pamet Systems in Acton, Massachusetts.

------------------
            We boldly go where no one else dares...
            take care and stay safe
            Lt. Gonzo

Comment

Does anyone use a PDA such as a palm pilot or windoze CE to store preplan information. The cost of a new pilot can be under 300.00 so you could outfit alot more trucks with this then a notebook.

FYI, we have a 3 ring binder setup. One holds the preplans and another gives hydrant locations, gpm, and cross streets for the entire city.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X