Residential sprinkler covenants/ordinances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    You are on the right track but residential sprinklers should only be an option to the citizens not manditory, that is what we are here for! Let them know the price and what they can do for there insurance but dont get into a war with the town. The majority of people are actually against them that we have talked to. They say the same thing that is what the fire department is for.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I don't know about all the technicalities, but i know my house is the only one in our town, that is a private one family dwelling, that has a sprinkler system. I do know that it was easy to install, there wasn't much too it, and it was pretty cheap, especially if you get insurance discounts and the money it may save you in the long run. One of the biggest complants is having ugly heads sticking out of the wall or ceiling, Not true. Good idea, and go for it!

------------------
    Put the wet stuff on the red stuff!
    Visit our Dept. Schodack Valley

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I found excellent information on residential sprinkler systems at Residential Fire Safety Institute. I believe their web site is www.firesafehome.org. They have design suggestions, organizational tips, how to get a code adopted in your community, etc. Check it out.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Residential sprinkler covenants/ordinances

Residential sprinkler covenants/ordinances

Greetings, I attended a planning meeting last evening at our City Hall with our City Council and a developer that wants to put in an upscale golf course and 600 lot subdivision in our town of 2000. I was able to express the usual needs for fire protection, and threw out a new proposal, residential sprinklering covenants for this development of high end housing. Our Planning Commission rep. liked the idea, some eyebrows were raised (this is leading edge stuff around here). I guess my point to this topic is, has anyone dealt with this from the git go? Any pitfalls in system design/regulations I need to be aware of? I think I can really sell this to our governmental body, and maybe eventually get it into our regular subdivision ordinance. I expect balking from the developer/ builders about cost. But I don't think residential systems have to be that elaborate as opposed to commercial systems. Any input or experience would be great.
    Be Safe, Frank

[This message has been edited by FSRIZZIO (edited April 21, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by FSRIZZIO (edited April 21, 2000).]

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...