Command Structure for new Combination Fire/Rescue Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Structure for new Combination Fire/Rescue Service

We are currently considering the consolidation of our career EMS/Fire service with our County volunteer departments, does anyone have any experience with this, if so please send me some pointers, thanks, tom kickler, Laurens, South Carolina

Well, I don't know if any of this is going to help. The dept. I am from is a combo dept. It has been for a very long time. Volunteer as well as career officers take command of incidents depending on who arrives first and the tactical priorities, etc. We utilize the ICS on every call and have for quite a while. Usually command is not passed to a senior officer unless it is the tactically correct thing to do. In the firehouse, of course, the paid staff manage their own. The volunteer leaders also manage their own, with the career chief having some clout when it comes to certain disciplinary issues. I think the important things to keep in mind is not to let the career dept. take over entire control and to make sure the volunteers are not shorted when it comes to training and training opportunities. Everyone needs to be treated with respect no matter if career or volunteer.

Proud to be a volunteer

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X