Medical Calls on vol. fire dept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Leave the attitudes and ego's at the door.EMT,Medic,FR or whatever.Your all there to help the patient not have a turf battle.If somebody wants to recheck vitals Iv'e taken Fine,no offence taken.If they want to push me out of the way or ignore me I might get a little disturbed.I won't say anything at the time but I will talk to them calmly later.If this does'nt work I'll talk to their superior.A lot of times its not whats being done but the attitude its being done with.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As a Paramedic that started out as a first responder, I can understand the feelings of your first responders.

However, you must remember, that regardless of being a career or volunteer EMS provider, there are laws that govern who is responsible for the patient, utlimately the one with the highest certification. So, as a medic I am always cautious about whom I work with, and will recheck there work until I am comfortable with them.

I assume you EMS is an independant service from the FD, this makes mutual training difficult. But that is the only way to resolve this problem. The medics will need to work / train with the first responders to get more comfortable with them.

------------------
    Bruce Chew, FF/EMT-P
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Medical Calls on vol. fire dept.

Medical Calls on vol. fire dept.

When a paramedic or emt are on scene it offends the first responder when they come in and take over a scene the first responder is in control of. This is usually on a minor call, that the first responder is totally qualified to handle the call. The emt or paramedic rechecks vitals that the first responder has taken, this offends the first responder and now have very few comming on call. We only have one paramedic and a few emts. We need the first responder as the paramedic and emts are not always available. We need suggestions on keeping everyone happy. Maybe some new policies and procedures.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X