Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonkeyBiz
    replied
    Thanks...That is about what I was thinking... Wonder if there is a more official term for squirreling.

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    Freelancing is operating independently of the command system or structure. It can mean that an engine crew hears about a call but doesn't get assigned to it, but they go to it anyway, and when they get there they just start doing whatever they think needs to be done. It can be any kind of unit; it can even be an individual person.

This is not the same as "squirreling". Squirreling is when you notify the command system that you're putting your unit on a call to which it wasn't assigned. This is usually done when you hear another unit get assigned to a call but you realize that you're closer, perhaps because you're not in quarters.

By the way, Google has lots of relevant results for "freelancing firefighters".

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyBiz
    started a topic Freelancing

Freelancing

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have searched Google, and I can't find a definition of the word Freelancing, as it relates to Fire fighting. I've searched the NFPA glossary and didn't find it there. Can somebody help me out here please?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X