X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firefighter2454
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • May 2005

Need help!!

I am a new Lt. in a department just south of chicago I am also on a newly formed training comittee for my department. We are looking to invest in a computer training program that is on the market that allows you to take pics of buildingings in your own town and you can add fire and smoke as the scenario you are working on progresses if anyone knows the name of one of these programs or a web site for one it would be greatly appriciated if you would post it thank you.
  • THEFIRENUT
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2000

Simulator 6

Here you go. Have used this program a little. Takes a little getting used to, but you can't beat the price!!! Here's a snippet:

"Emergency Services Interactive Simulators, the trend setter in the Fire Scene Simulator market, is determined to see that every firefighter has a personal copy of a fully functional fire scene simulator. To make sure that happens we are giving them away free. That's right a fully functional fire simulator for FREE. Simply download, install and register the program and you can begin running fire simulations using your own pictures and it won't cost you a dime."

Here's the link:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

• zbarresse
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2006

I've used this software with great success: http://www.digitalcombustion.com

HTH

(And no, I'm no salesman. LOL!)

Comment

• THEFIRENUT
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2000

Originally posted by zbarresse
        I've used this software with great success: http://www.digitalcombustion.com

HTH

(And no, I'm no salesman. LOL!)
        If you have the time, could you please download the above Free software and tell us the difference between that one and the one that you use. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

• robertsryan10
          MembersZone Subscriber
          • Sep 2005

Check out http://www.firesimulator.com/
          They offer a free simulator program that does what you are talking about, it seems of the same quality as the ones that are in the 1000's of dollars range

Comment

• Standpipe
            Forum Member
            • May 2006

The school I teach for evaluated the free software and the digital combustion software. The free software is pretty good and I particularly like the fact that it is firefighters trying to make the fire service a better place but the digital combustion software has been much more reliable in practice. We have been using the digital combustion software for two or three years.

Comment

• THEFIRENUT
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Standpipe
              The school I teach for evaluated the free software and the digital combustion software. The free software is pretty good and I particularly like the fact that it is firefighters trying to make the fire service a better place but the digital combustion software has been much more reliable in practice. We have been using the digital combustion software for two or three years.
              Thanks for the comparison. Now we have a choice......Reliable or Cheap (I mean Free). It might be a good idea to start out with the free one and change to the other if it can't keep up with your demands.

Comment

• dcombust
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2004

Digital Combustion

Just to let everyone know, we are about to release a new version of Fire Studio. We've rebuilt the software from the ground up. We've also redesigned our website as well, and have started posting videos of the software in action. If anyone has any questions about the new version, I would be happy to answer them here or at our site www.digitalcombustion.com.

Rich Merritt

Comment

• FireBroMan
                  MembersZone Subscriber
                  • Jun 2005

fire simulator 6

does anyone know how to import images into fire simulator 6?
                  Thanks

Comment

• rskabroud
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2006

I prefer digital combustion. To my knowledge the sim 6 free program only allows one side of the structure per scenario. this prevents the simulating IC to perfrom a 360 degree assessment.

Comment

• rskabroud
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2006

to import photo on sim 6 go under file to upload photo. then just browse to locate the pic you want. Also, I have not found a way to undo screw ups when you put something on that you didn't want, but that may be just my lack of learning

Comment

• kcktrainer
                        • Jan 2008

To turn off the animations you put in by mistake, double click with the right mouse button. That should delete the shape

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...