Building New Training Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building New Training Schedules

I am in the process of reviewing our current training schedule and the past training that we have done. We seem to be falling into the problem of too much training and not enough time. Has anyone had the problem of trying to fit in too much training for the year and also trying to stay on schedule with training already scheduled?

I'M NOT SURE WHAT TYPE OF DEPT. YOU HAVE. I AM FROM A SMALL VOLUNTEER DEPT. NEAR CHICAGO. WHAT I NORMALLY WILL DO IS SET A TWO YEAR CALENDER. FIRST DIVIDING BY WHAT MUST BE COVERED BY OUR STATE LAWS, AND APPLICABLE STANDARDS. THE SECOND DIVISION IS FROM BY EVALUATING CURRENT DRILLS, SCENARIOS, ETC... THE FINAL AND LAST DIVISION IS BY SETTING GOALS OF WHERE OUR MEMBERS SHOULD BE IN RELATION TO OUR NEEDS. NO MATTER IF YOU ARE FROM A FULL TIME, PART TIME OR VOLUNTEER, YOU CANNOT COMPLETE ALL OF THE TRAINING THAT ALL OF THE 3RD PARTY ORGANIZATIONS WOULD WANT US TO DO.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. I am going to apply some of the things you have said, especially with setting goals on what we hope to complete this year and making a two to three year plan. And I do agree, it is impossible to complete all training in the year.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X