Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kghemtp
    replied
    As for fire science degrees specifically, I can't speak too much on having better chances for jobs or promotions. However, I must say that a degree looks very favorable with any job application. To say you have a degree in fire science is perhaps the best thing you could do for getting a job in the fire service, one would think. An associate degree can turn into a bachelor's degree, and then a masters. Many departments will pay based on education, and some give bonuses each year for such things as EMT, Intermediate, Paramedic, Associates, Bachelors, etc. In a fire science program, you will take courses designed to make you a more knowledgeable firefighter, so there's no way you could go wrong with that if you're looking at a career in the service. Good luck, and keep us all posted with your choices!

Leave a comment:

• ullrichk
    replied
    Check out the Degrees at a Distance program from the U.S. Fire Administration. It's a four year degree, but it has the advantage of being delivered remotely. You get your distribution requirements (math, english, etc.) at a local institution and the fire related courses by distance learning.

I think there's a link directly from the Firehouse.com site. The USFA also maintains a list of other fire science programs, both 2 and 4 year.

Will a degree guarantee a promotion? Probably not. Will the knowledge you gain help you out in your career? Most definitely.

Leave a comment:

• Armyfirerescue
    started a topic Fire Science Degree...

Fire Science Degree...

Hey, I was wondering if I could get some input on getting an associates degree in fire science. I have been putting some thought into it. Does anybody have experience with a fire science degree? Does it give you more opportunities than just a bunch of certifications? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe brothers,

Matt

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X