• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevators

Looking for training material available for elevator emergencies

any info would be help

Thanks

Check with Otis Elevator in Bristol, CT. I know they've had Elevator Emergency classes there.

Also check with the CT Fire Academy, they have an Elevator Emergency class (I think they had it at Otis) and they will go up to Maine to teach a class (for a fee of course).
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

There is an article in the July 2003 issue of Fire Chief Magazine titled Elevated Risk. At the end of the article the author has an email address to request a copy of a CD on elevator familiarization. His email is [email protected] I have also used the First Due Rescue Company video series on elevator rescue. It comes with a video, instructor manual/outline, and I think a student manual.

Comment

Find out who the manufacturers are for the elevators in your area, then contact them. And, specifically, contact their local rep. He's the guy that's going to come out in an emergency when you need him.
        It wouldn't really pay to get a bunch of info from one manufacturer if all your elevators are from other manufacturers.

BTW- How are things going with that new Chief of yours?
        TW
        Essex Junction Fire Dept.
        Vermont

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse