Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightMedic Course/School

Hey guy's/gal's

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to through google.

I was wondering what one has to do to become a flight medic Any information on requirements and schools / courses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,
    Typically, there is not a specific class for flight medic. In our area, the flight medics are usually a National Registry Paramedic with a certain number of years on an EMS unit in the field, and sometimes they are also Registered Nurses as well.

Another excellent qualification would be to carry the Critical Care Paramedic (CC-EMTP) Certification that is available nationally.

If there is any doubt as to the qualifications in your area, contact your local Flight Crew and find out what they recommend.
    Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I will remember. Involve me, I will understand.

Comment

In my area all the flight medics/nurses are either NREMT-P's, or PHRN's. All have ACLS, PHTLS, PALS, and they must have worked for a certain amount of years as an emergency paramedic. I suppose you get all the specific training on being a flight medic upon being hired for a medevac service. That's all I can tell you, hope I helped.

Stay safe,

Matt
      "At one point we decided to fight fire with fire, basically your house just burned faster."

Recipient of the IACOJ Service Award 2003.

Comment

As far as I know there is no school for it. The way that Wings works here in Johnson City is you have to have 4-7 years experience as a medic and have to be trained on some things.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X