Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Leaving Fire Trucks Dirty for next shifters to clean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Fire Trucks Dirty for next shifters to clean

Hi;

Any suggestions on how to convince B shifters to clean after themselves and to leave a clean station for the C shifters?

Would you recommend that:

The B Captain be disciplined?
    The C Captain informs the B Captain that the situation is not acceptable and the departing B shifters finish the job?
    Do nothing?
    The C shifters clean without complaining as it is their job anyway?

Assuming that you have written guidelines or standard operating procedures for how the station/equipment/living quarters shall be maintained by whom and when:

If I were the Senior officer in charge and my guys were griping about this, I would:

-Have the guys show me the offenses. I would make careful notes, documenting the offenses by the preceding shift and times/dates.

-Have my guys clean it up with my apologies. I would also advise them that under penalty of my wrath, they are not to say anything to the other shift in any fashion, shape or form.

-I would then confront the oncoming Senior Officer the next morning, behind closed doors and explain what is happening, showing him the notes of who, what, where and when and that according to my guys this is not the first time it has happened. I would then ask that he/she please try to adhere to the SOP's or policies regarding cleaning the station/quarters/equipment- and let them know that I told my guys to keep their yaps shut for 2 reasons- not to **** off your guys, but more importantly to keep it here in the station and so that "downtown" doesnt find out about it.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Just saying. At any department, anywhere you work. The shift before you is always lazy, and the shift after you complains about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck-10-VES View Post
        Just saying. At any department, anywhere you work. The shift before you is always lazy, and the shift after you complains about everything.
        This is precisely why I love the group chart schedule- you never work with the same guys all the time- always a mix. We never had any of those "A Platoon- B Platoon" squabbles.
        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

FWDBuff, I agree with your answer. In our FD we call it "fact finding" and in this situation I would definitely fact find really deep. In addition to what you've listed questions I'd want answered are: 1) Were they up all night on calls? 2) Did they run multiple calls back-to-back-to-back and didn't have time to clean? 3) Did their Chief or C.O. send them to bed because they were up for multiple days? 4) What's the point they are trying to get across? And other situations that could have caused them to miss the clean-up. I've also taken pictures to back-up my claims.

We've had this situation happen and I've seen and heard of some very interesting solutions that were very effective.
          "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X