This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Fightin' Chaplains

How many of you have Chaplains that are also interior qualified fire fighters? Just curious. Kill Devil Hills, NC has one. Good fireman and a great resource as the Chaplain.
    Glenn Rainey
    Colington Fire Department
    Dare County, North Carolina
    The Outer Banks

Valley Cottage, NY had one , he was great, also an Army Chaplain, went to all the schools and did whatever needed to be done. Unfortunately he was re assigned too Maryland.

Comment

I am a 16year Sr firefighter and the dept Chaplain in Michigan and there are three more like me in near by depts.

Comment

Originally posted by lafdmatch11 View Post
        I am a 16year Sr firefighter and the dept Chaplain in Michigan and there are three more like me in near by depts.

Yeah and I am an assistant pope in my department!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnee View Post
          Yeah and I am an assistant pope in my department!
          I am a part time youth pastor so it kind of made sense to make me the Chaplain along with the fact that I am a long time member of our local CISM team and a member of ICIFS and the FFC. The other guys in the area are fulltime pastors and are on volunteer / paid on call depts. I was also recently promoted to Lieutenant. I am all for fire Chaplains who actually fight fire, it gives us the unusual advantage to know what the guys are going through when something bad goes down. Given the Michigan economy it is not at all unusual for guy to perform multiple duties.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X