Starting a Chaplaincy Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a Chaplaincy Program

I would like to start a chaplaincy program in our district. Any advice and comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

DD

The best place to start is the Federation of Fire Chaplains. They have lots of good stuff in the "resources" section of their website.
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

Comment

Contact Steve Holden at the U.S. Chaplaincy Corps (google it for the web site) or through the Illinois State Police. He's your man.

Comment

Originally posted by IACOJRev
        The best place to start is the Federation of Fire Chaplains. They have lots of good stuff in the "resources" section of their website.
        They seem to be a good organization but I'm disappointed that they won't admit new members without a formal letter of appointment from a fire service agency. I am a active non-denominational minister (since 1990) in a conservative department that has traditionally only ever appointed one Catholic and one Protestant chaplain. As "none of the above" I will never be appointed without making it a divisive legal issue. (The last time I applied to serve as a Chaplain my letter was soundly ignored.) Without a formal letter, I am barred from belonging to the FFC.
        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
        sigpic
        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X