Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Fire Chaplain Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Chaplain Training

I am looking to find if anyone knows of a good training manual or training program designed for fire chaplains. Everything I have come across so far is for police chaplains. Any help would be appreciated. You can respond to this message or send me e-mail at revrik@yahoo.com

Also I am looking for anything pertaining to CISD training and program development.

Thanks!

Rick Horn - Sterling Heights MI. Fire Dept.
    null
    Rick Horn

revrik@yahoo.com

Howdy, neighbor...
    Here are a few links that may help you out:
    www.ffcfirechaplains.org/firechaplains.htm
    www.ifoc.org
    www.theultimatefirehouse.com/Chaplainscorner.htm

the Rev.
    www.cafepress.com/firerev

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for asking that question Rick. I've been searching for the same information. I know my life as a christian is a testamony to people I work with, but I want to do more! Thanks for responding Rev!
      Rick, if you are interested go to Global University of the Assemblies of God. They have classes you take over the net- you can become a Certified minister/licensed minister/ordained minister.
      may the lord jesus keep you all safe

Comment

Hi Revrik and Jesus Freak, glad to see your post for info on Chaplain training. I recommend the courses designed by Dr. James Devine of the National Academy of Fire Service Chaplains. I recommend you receive the textbook entitled, "The ABC's of Fire Service Chaplaincy, Book 1 Intro to Fire Service Chaplaincy". Call 1-800-441-3614. You may end up talking to Dr. Devine and he is a straight up guy in love with Jesus Christ. The course is really geared toward challenging us to be our best for Christ and being salt. We were called for such a time as this and I thank God there our others like you really to serve.
        My e-mail at home is fmusic@avolve.net and my phone number is 740-246-4349. So let me know how it goes, plus I'd like to keep you in prayer like I do all firefighters.
        Well. gotta watch the Yankees!!

Pray the prayer of Jabez for us all! Be safe!
        See you on the big one
        Billy Reiter, 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Comment

Hey all!

Thanks for the input. I found a great site which has a complete manual online. It is designed for law enforcement agencies but can be modified to meet the requirements of fire chaplains too. It is the Placer County Law Enforcement Chaplaincy program in Placer County California. The web site is:
          http://www.iwn.com/pcso/chaplain.htm

If anyone wants to keep in contact with me or can offer more help please e-mail me at:

revrik@yahoo.com or revrik@pastors.com

I usually check my yahoo account daily and my other account a couple times each week.

Tim - I checked out those sites and they had some good info. Thanks again for the info. Does the DFD have any training manuals available?

Jesus Freak - Funny you should mention Global because I am a graduate of Berean University of the A/G and am licensed as a non-denominational Pentecostal minister.

Billy thanks for the info on Dr. Devine. I have called and left messages a couple times and have even sent an e-mail but got no response as of yet. I know that he offers a correspondence course in 4 parts and am trying to get more info on that as the chief said he would pay for any needed training for me.
          Rick Horn

revrik@yahoo.com

Comment

Rick - as of the moment, the Detroit Fire Dept Chaplains do not have a "training manual". One of my goals, however, is to create it. It is a work in progress... (I dabble in my free time! )
            www.cafepress.com/firerev

Comment

That's really cool that you are a minister! I'm planning on starting the certified minister program sometime between now and January. I'm excited to see where God will lead with this education and my interest in poss. being a Fire Dept. Chaplain. God Bless!
              may the lord jesus keep you all safe

Comment

As much as I would like to post a reply that would have you calling pizza hut for information I find that I cant do that as your sister would beat me senseless and then I would have to learn how to do my own laundry. Stay safe

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike!
                  Didn't know you were registered in here! Take care and tell my sister to get that laundry done!

Hey Tim!
                  I am also in the process of writing a training manual now that I have permission from PCLEC to use their manual as a basis. We will have to get together some time to compare notes!
                  Rick Horn

revrik@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am the President of Firefighter Ministries. My site was actually mentioned above by someone else. It is www.theultimatefirehouse.com.
                    Anyway, I wanted to let you know that Firefighter Ministries is here to help you find the right chaplaincy education for you and your needs. The differant programs listed above are all wonderful but of course some are more expensive than others. Some you have to travel too...etc... So, I can help you out in deciding about Chaplaincy education. My organization is also working on putting together a Distance Education Certification program together online. So you might be interested in that.

As far as CISD is concerned. CISD is about to go through some major changes in the coming months and years. After this 9/11 incident, the way we view CISD is differant, especially if you worked in New York as a counselor or Chaplain. So far, the best organization to go through for CISD education is www.icisf.org but there are others.

Let me know if you need my help. I will be glad to assist you! My email is fnffm@aol.com.

You can go straight to the Chaplaincy section of our website by going here http://www.theultimatefirehouse.com/Chaplainscorner.htm

Blessings,

Wendy Norris
                    President Firefighter Ministries
                    Director, FallenFirefighter.Com
                    Wendy Norris
                    President Firefighter Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by DFDRev View Post
                      Rick - as of the moment, the Detroit Fire Dept Chaplains do not have a "training manual". One of my goals, however, is to create it. It is a work in progress... (I dabble in my free time! )
                      The Detroit Fire DEPARTMENT AND Chaplains .Did have a TRAING manual and it was used constantly along with other training as has MED diversifiction it also had a Manuel for TRAING chaplains for our large studio and caldeon population.gear was,checked on a regular basis and replaced if needed I my selph was certified to debriefe Fire fighters after critical insider .the last apt grievous HAVE been looked at for all difficulties,were warming buses needed for seniors or special needs was building up to code was it safe to occupy.where THIR any injured F.F how many civilians were their we're the needs MET DID STD have adicate hydration did civilians have other needs.the next, day Sara shrub been sent to chief of chaplains after action report.could any THIG be done different.this is not a game THIR IS no go AROUN,you DON'T have to have time you DON'T have to like it you just have to do it you, lie ,disregard SAFTY PROTICALL. Real. People die and there can be no disputes about that.this is to be treated as a full time job nothing less pay or no pay.If YOU CAN'T DO IT RING THE BELL AND WALK AWAY.YOU ARE NOT FIRE TRUCk chasers YOU ARE CHAPLAINS SERVING THE PEOPLE OF DETROIT WITH NO PERSONEl jugement

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X