A Sad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sad Day

Our local dept, The Blue Lake Vol. Fire Dept. Lost a long time member and former chief.

James Thacker, a member for 41 years, passed on this week. James became a firefighter in 1969 and worked his way up to eventually serve as chief for 10years.

As Chairmain of the Building Comittee, James was instrumental in the construction or our fire hall. James also drew the building plans and installed the wiring himself. The fire hall, built in 1976, still serves the department well today.

The Blue Lake Volunteer Fire Department would not be what it is today if not for James' dedication and hard work. He will be missed by many.

http://www.bluelakefire.net/index.html
    My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

My condolences.

RIP
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Rest easy....
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Sorry for your lose, RIP brother

Comment

My deepest sympathies. It's always sad to lose these old warhorses that made it possible to do what we do today.
          “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
          ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Sorry for your lost, Rest In Peace, Chief! We've got it!
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Big Loss

Sorry for your loss...and R.I.P. Chief
              Respectfully,
              Jay Dudley
              Retired Fire
              Background Investigator
              IACOJ-Member
              Lifetime Member CSFA
              IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

RIP Chief.
                "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

R.I.P. Chief..... God bless the families (peronal and professional).....
                  Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Be loud... Be proud... It just may save yourself when going through an intersection.

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Thanks to all for the kind words.

A wonderful ceremony was performed yesterday including an Honor Guard provided by the Arcata Fire Department. There was a funeral procession with approximately 20 apparatus representing 8 districts that traveled 12 miles from the church to the cemetary. It was quite a sight.
                    My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

Comment

So long brother

We mourn the loss of a brother firefighter and know that his contributions were intrumental to your department. Sorry for your loss guys.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X