Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captstanm1
    replied
    VaRoxanne...very nice tribute. Touching and appropriate. I have many friends at OWLVFD. God Bless you all.

Leave a comment:

• maverick1862
    replied
    Elisa

Hi Roxanne,

I read your tribute to Elisa and the article on Firehouse. so i made a memorial page for her, you can add a picture if you like, but what i need is her birthday so i can add that and if i have the cemetery wrong, email me and i will change it also.here is the link:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...a%20Escalante&

and if you want me to rewrite the Bio, i will send me one you would like to use and i will edit everything when i add her B'day, and all that. i tried to private message you but you have that turned off.

Leave a comment:

• VARoxanne
    started a topic A Tribute to Elisa Escalante

A Tribute to Elisa Escalante

On Saturday, July 11th, 2003 we buried my partner (private ambulance) and one of the best friends I ever had, Elisa Escalante. For those who knew her in her life, she was Ellie.
    Ellie was dedicated and her dream was to follow in her Uncle's footsteps, become a firefighter. At the private ambulance that we both worked for, we were partners. No matter how bad it got, how difficult the day was, Ellie could not stand to see anyone sad. She would always tell a joke or play a song to cheer us up. Ellie was special and we knew that before we lost her. Her giggles, her smile, her laughter will be forever encased into our hearts.
    Her funeral was a beautiful tribute to her life. On the one week anniversary of her tragic death, the family stayed by her casket for the entire night. We arrived in the morning to give her one very last ride on one of our trucks.
    When her funeral percession pulled out onto the street, people came out of their house to silently watch the 3 mile long percession drive quietly by. Some pulled over on the side of the road and got out of their cars, and quietly watched as we took one of our own on her last ride on top of OWL's Pumper. Aparatus after aparatus followed then car after car. The police closed off the side of the road we were on so we would not be disturbed by traffic.
    At the cemetary, we said out final goodbyes as the honor guard handed her the American flag to her Mom. It was a beautiful tribute to our own. Our hearts are broken and we reel in the pain we are in from loosing her. However there will always be that next call we will answer, that next fire to fight, the next civil service emergency for us to stand up to. For all those in Virginia that knew her, we will rise to the next call with dedication, loyaty, sacrifice and love-for Ellie, so she can go on living her dreams thru us. She gave us so many gifts in her 20 years that she was here, we will gladly give her this gift. We can go on living and being strong knowing she is still here with us. Please keep us-her-OWL FD-and the love of her life, Mr. Young, who was the firefighter with her, in your prayers and thoughts.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X