My Sister - Anndee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sister - Anndee

This message comes from the family of Anndee Huber. We are grateful for all of the heartfelt messages from her fellow firefighters. We have received encouragement and strength from the support received from the firefighters and departments from around the state of Wyoming. Now we know that it goes far beyond our borders. Thank you again.

Kevin Huber

Kevin....the firefighters here in the USA...and around the globe, share your loss.

May the good Lord grant you and your family.... peace and comfort!

Ed Seifert
    NJ Forest Fire Service
    Oakland, NJ Fire Dept Life Member
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Comment

May you always feel the support and compassion from Anndee's Brothers and Sisters.....worldwide.
      May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Comment

Kevin

The Danvers Fire Department,Danvers fire explorers #3334 and I wish you our deepest condolences in the loss of your sister. She was truly taken away to from this world to soon.She will not be forgotten in our minds nor our hearts.

Chief Jesse L Mazzie
        Danvers Fire Explorers #3334

Brother, when you weep for me,
        Remember it was meant to be.
        Lay me down and when you leave
        Remember I'll be at your sleeve.

In every dark and choking hall,
        I'll be there as you slowly crawl.
        On every roof in driving snow,
        I'll hold your coat and you will know.

In cellars hot with searing heat,
        At windows where a gate you meet,
        In closets where young children hide,
        You know I'll be there at your side.

The house from which I now respond,
        Is overstaffed with heroes gone.
        Men who answered one last bell,
        Did the job and did it well.

As Firemen, we understand,
        That death's a card dealt in our hand
        A card we hope we never play,
        But one we hold there anyway.

That card is something we ignore,
        As we crawl across a weakened floor.
        For we know that we're the only prayer
        for anyone that might be there.

So remember, as you wipe your tears,
        The joy I knew throughout the years,
        As I did the job I loved to do,
        I pray that thought will see you through.
        Last edited by dfdex1; 05-28-2003, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Kevin you have my deepest sympathies. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I tried to reply to your post earlier, and am not finding it any easier to express myself now than when I found this thread a few hours ago.

Anndee will always be remembered by firefighters around the world. She will always be their little sister. She will always be mourned.

Many of the people involved on these forums have tried to prevent tragedies like the one that took your beautiful sister's life, by speaking out and by trying to educate both "old boys club veterans" and firefighters of the future like Anddee, and to make changes in the fire services. I have no doubts that they will continue to do so in Anndee's memory.

May God be with you and your family as you deal with this tragic loss.
          Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 05-28-2003, 01:34 PM.
          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

To the family of Anndee you have my deepest sympathy in your loss. May you be comforted that she is not alone and is blessed with love and comfort of her fellow brothers and sisters.

We shall not forget 09-11-01

Comment

Kevin: I have been in this fire service business for a lot of years. I grew up in the fire station. Over time we become almost accustomed to the fact that firefighters die in the line of duty to protect our fellow human beings and their property. But I'm not sure anything could prepare our hearts and minds for what happened Thursday night near Newcastle. I did not know your sister but I have now read many stories about her and about what happened. My emotions range from extreme sorrow to anger - I guess that is normal. Last night was drill night in our department. I began it with a tribute to Anndee. I wanted them to remember from this time on what happened to Anndee and what a fine young person that she was. My entire department expresses to you all of our sympathies, your family will be in our prayers and we will not forget Anndee. Kevin there are people out here that you do not know and never will know, that cry with your family, that celebrate Anndee's life and that will keep your family in their hearts forever. May God grant each of you the peace that you need.

Steve Hirsch
              Training Officer, Sheridan County, Kansas Fire Department
              Secretary, Kansas State Firefighters Association
              Last edited by shirsch; 05-28-2003, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Our Deepest Sympathies

Kevin,

I have been in this business for 32 years and dealt with several "line of duty" deaths. All of them brought me to my knees and all were senseless. But as I think back none are quite as tragic as this one that could have perhaps been prevented with a proactive approach to dealing with problems. Your continued support of the programs is admirable and appreciated.

Your loss is a tragic one and firefighters across the nation share in your grief. My flag on my porch was lowered in respect to Andee.

All tragedies have a reason and while it is difficult to understand, please gain some comfort in knowing that she passed on doing exactly what she wanted to be doing. It is shameful that she will not be able to continue what would have most likely been a promising career. As you greive for Andee, also gain some comfort that she is now riding rigs in the biggest station on in the universe with other brothers and sisters of this profession. She is safe from any further harm and in her own way I am sure she will look down on us and help us move forward and help us to prevent this from ever happening again.

God Bless you and your family members and the members of the department that are caught in the middle. From my firefighting family to yours, May time bring you peace.

Stan Mettinger Jr.
                Consultant, Elite Fire and Safety
                Firefighter Brooksville Fire Department (Brooksville Florida)

Cindy Parker
                Firefighter/Paramedic Tarpon Springs Fire Department (Tarpon Springs Florida)

Trey Mettinger
                Firefighter Spotsylvania County Fire Department (Spotsylvania Virgina)
                Firefighter Warrenton Volunteer Fire Co. (Warrenton Virginia)
                09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                ------------------------------
                IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                BMI Investigator
                ------------------------------
                The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Words fail me at this moment. I am so sorry for your loss. Anndee was a beautiful young woman with a promising future. May you and your family find peace and solice in this very trying time. My heart and prayers go out to you.
                  To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Comment

Kevin

My heart grieves for your loss. Andee was such a beautiful young woman. Words fail me as I look at her picture and see this beautiful young woman whose life was so tragically cut short. Her spirit and her memory will live on forever.

May she rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family that in time you may find peace. She will not be forgotten.

Sherry

Comment

Kevin, words cannot erxpress how we all feel after your sister's life was tragically lost. You, your family, and Andee herself are all in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, and remember that all of her Firefighter brothers and sisters are here for you and your family. Some of us are farther away than others, but we will all help you in anyway possible.
                      The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                      We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                      IACOJ

Comment

To the Huber Family:

On behalf of the Officers and members of the Corsica Volunteer Fire Company, Station 3 Jefferson County, Pennsylvania, I wish to extend our deepest sympathies over the lost of your sister Andee. Our hearts and prayers go out to you.

May God Bless you, your family, and Andee.

Fire Chief Tracy W. Zents
                        Corsica Volunteer Fire Company
                        Corsica, Pennsylvania 15829

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and her. From her Walkersville Fire and Rescue Brothers and Sisters!
                          Proud to be IACOJ!
                          MD FF/EMT

Comment

To Anndees' family, my deepest sympathies. Sleep well little sister.

Comment

Kevin, please realize that, although we didn't know her personally, we know of her. She became one of us as soon as she was voted into her department. We all grieve for her senseless death and lend you and your family our collective shoulder to lean on. God bless you and your family.
                              TRL

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X