Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNFF319
    replied
    You have a histroy of PE. You have the possibility to have a stroke. You have been told to take the meds and may stop. Good luck. I see you as a liability.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by wannafight315 View Post
    I had a PE a couple years ago and have a genetic condition that makes me more prone to blood clots. I am perfectly healthy and don't have any conditions that would keep me from performing my duties as a firefighter. It's the doctors recommendation that I stay on thinners but I am thinking of stopping them. There are just certain medications that I can't take due to the genetic condition.
    I'm not sure how this would be viewed... probably varies by department.

Leave a comment:

• wannafight315
    replied
    I had a PE a couple years ago and have a genetic condition that makes me more prone to blood clots. I am perfectly healthy and don't have any conditions that would keep me from performing my duties as a firefighter. It's the doctors recommendation that I stay on thinners but I am thinking of stopping them. There are just certain medications that I can't take due to the genetic condition.

Leave a comment:

• TNFF319
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Are you on them for some sort of heart condition?

I think the underlying diagnosis is probably more of a concern then the medication used to treat it.
    Hit the nail on the head. Prior heart trouble is a liability to the FD.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Are you on them for some sort of heart condition?

I think the underlying diagnosis is probably more of a concern then the medication used to treat it.

Leave a comment:

• wannafight315
    started a topic Blood Thinners and Firefighting

Blood Thinners and Firefighting

Hi. I am trying to become a paid firefighter and I am also on blood thinners. I was curious to find out if there are any firemen out there who are also on blood thinners and active in this profession, and have had it approved by there firehouse. Thanks.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X