Any new DJ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new DJ's

Trying to confirm a rumor that approx 1700 DJ emails were sent out this AM. Did anyone receive one of these?

Just now.

The DJ just hit my email 2 minutes ago.

The peer review panel's scores indicate that your application was generally good and above average in all four elements, i.e., there was some information that was useful, but not sufficiently compelling to be considered for funding on its written merits.
    Last edited by Wolf8552; 02-08-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

At least the limbo dance is over...

As a result of reviewing your 2006 grant application, the panelists' scores indicate that your application was generally good and above average in all four elements, i.e., the application had merit. Regrettably, after awarding departments with scores higher than the scores assigned to your department's application, we do not have enough funding to offer you an award at this time.

Gotta keep positive, pick it up and move forward.

Comment

Just Got the DJ

We just recieved ours, at least more detail then last year but still not overly helpful. Airpacks denied for the 2nd year in a row.

'The panelists scored four elements of your application narrative: 1) clarity of the project description, 2) demonstration of financial need, 3) demonstration of benefits to be derived from the grant funds and 4) affect on daily operations. The peer review panel's scores indicate that your application was generally good and above average in all four elements, i.e., there was some information that was useful, but not sufficiently compelling to be considered for funding on its written merits.'
        Last edited by KennypSHFD; 02-08-2007, 08:07 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Got DJed today too.

Yes we too got the DJ email today. I just opened it a few minutes ago. It was not there about 1400 EST this afternoon. That makes us 1 for 5. We were approved last year for turnouts, helmets, boots, etc. We tried for SCBA this year thinking it would be the next logical step, and we do need them badly. I thought I had written a pretty convincing narrative, but I guess not convincing enough.

Congrats to those who made it through this DJ round. You must be very close to approval.

Phil
          Be Smart, Be Strong, Be Safe
          Make Sure Everyone Gets Home

Phil

Remember 9/11/2001
          FDNY 343

Comment

Originally posted by KennypSHFD View Post

'The panelists scored four elements of your application narrative: 1) clarity of the project description, 2) demonstration of financial need, 3) demonstration of benefits to be derived from the grant funds and 4) affect on daily operations. The peer review panel's scores indicate that your application was generally good and above average in all four elements, i.e., there was some information that was useful, but not sufficiently compelling to be considered for funding on its written merits.'
            Must be what they say in this round. Ours said the same thing. At least we can start working on next year's app now.
            Jack Boczek, Chief
            Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by timmct View Post
              As a result of reviewing your 2006 grant application, the panelists' scores indicate that your application was generally good and above average in all four elements, i.e., the application had merit. Regrettably, after awarding departments with scores higher than the scores assigned to your department's application, we do not have enough funding to offer you an award at this time.

Look at the difference between this one and kenny and jboczek got. Timmct, yours reads like you might have a shot in the "excess funding" round--if it happens. It's the "we just ran out of funding" response.

earl (my opinion only)

Comment

It sounds to me like this was the final DJ round. However, your DJ was worded slightly different than the others posted here. It looks like yours would qualify for one of the "callback" awards if there is money left over.

Good attitude to have...the next year is right around the corner. Just a few tweaks and you should be good!

Comment

earl takes the credit for faster typing.

Comment

Nah, i started 20 minutes sooner!!

earl (i'm a slow typist, but it's faster than i think)

Comment

Well it time to say good by to the Limbo Club, the DJ has arrived and closed down the party I have been trying for the same project for three years and each time I make it to the final DJ party. I just wish I new what is not allowing us to make into the celebration club.

Comment

Positive from the Negative

If there's anything positive we can take out of this 'experience' it's that we keep getting closer every year. We're still charter members of the 0-fer club, but this year's DJ leads me to believe that we were very close to being awarded....and we still may be in the supplemental round(s), who knows.

The thing we'll have to discuss is how to move forward from here. There's no doubt in my ex-military mind that we have a well documented need for this firefighter safety equipment. It's how you communicate that need that we're having issues with (I think).

We attended Brian's seminar in Salem NY and it was an excellent learning experience..just wish we had done that BEFORE!! Doah! Having said that, I think we covered everything he suggested in the narrative, maybe not as elegant as he put it, but it's all in there somewhere...

By the way, we've also been trying for SCBA for the last 3 years.

I gave it my best shot. I'd like to think that my narrative got us closer this year but it just may be the fact that our equipment is even closer to disintegrating into dust before our eyes.

Comment

chief1120,

What have you been trying for?

If you would like some input on the narrative, email (profile) me a copy and I'll take a look at it for you and give you suggestions.

Comment

We attended Brian's seminar in Salem NY and it was an excellent learning experience..just wish we had done that BEFORE!! Doah! Having said that, I think we covered everything he suggested in the narrative, maybe not as elegant as he put it, but it's all in there somewhere...
                            Keep going on the education thing. I've been to Kurt's seminar twice (and hosting one in 3 weeks), and i learned much more the second time. In part because i had used what i learned a few more times, and in part because i was able to build on what i learned.

earl (the more i learn, the less i know)

Comment

Dear John too!

We received the exact same language in our e-mail yesterday. I agree that you need to keep positive, however, it is funny how quick your own guys turn on the grant writer. I am not a professional grant writer, but have been successful in prior years. I am college educated with a Master's degree in Engineering and have a successful career with much responsibility. I break my rear end doing much of the paperwork, letter writing, and financial work for our department, which includes all grant applications, not to mention being a Lieutenant.

Last year our line officers came up with a terrible project that I new would not do well even if I wrote like Hemingway! However, I was overrulled, so I wrote the grant and was DENIED on the first DJ. This year, we had a much better project with real goals and objectives and we ALMOST got there. In 2004 we had an equally deserving project and got funded. The first thing I hear this morning when I shared the news with another LT was "maybe we should hire somebody next year". Ticks me off!

Sorry for the vent, but you get bad news and get kicked in the teeth right after it! Funny how those that can't or don't try can easily criticize.

Well, take care and good luck to all next year.
                              NCVFC17

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X