Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your Grant Writer

Who do you use for a grant writer?

Myself. I do use the resources here and other various places to help, though!

Comment

Some ugly guy I see in the mirror every morning.........

Comment

Same here. I have somehow become the grant person for the services here. Oh well, it gives me job security.

Comment

I do the narrative & the Secretary-Treasurer does the profile & financial stuff.

Comment

A committee of 3.........

Me, Myself & I. It's not pretty when they argue with each other.

Comment

I think a lot of the folks on here work with that same staff. There were a lot of departments around here that had the local area develpoment district write for them the first year or couple of years and the lady had no knowledge of the fire service so she was leaving out a lot important stuff in the narrative. Since the departments started doing their own, they have had much better success. Especially the ones that use this site as a resource. And some of the people on here are great to help, including the copies of the old grants.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2203 View Post
                Some ugly guy I see in the mirror every morning.........
                Hey!! I resemble that remark

Comment

Geez, i got lucky once and became the "resident expert".

Usually, i feel like it's just me, but without Kevin (***'t chief) and Sue (FF and wife) none of it would happen.

edit to add: As long as i'm sucking up--add Kurt, Brian, and the rest of the folks on this forum to the list. They ALL contribute.

earl (i hope they're reading this so i get the extra points!!)
                  Last edited by Greenacres2; 02-07-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Me, amazing I'm 2 for 5 for PPE. Lost this year with a vehicle grant. That's where I need the help. Who has a successful pumper/tanker narrative for a rural volunteer FD and/or any tips. I trade you an 1985 Ford with 185,000 miles, 3000 gallon milk truck with failing brakes and no seat belts. I'll throw in a full tank of diesel.

Comment

I write the grant then it’s gone over and comments are made by a captain and LT from the department. We then rework it and then it’s given to a couple of non fire people in the community to read and comment on then we submit it. Or at least that how we try to do it.

SBLGFD

Comment

I'm the grant writer for our department. I couldn't have done it without the help of a neighboring department chief who showed me the ropes and the continued help of Kurt and everyone else on the forums.

$223,670 in grants awarded in 2005 & 2006.

Comment

Unfortunately it's me as well.

We've been fairly successful with AFG; $312,936 in Federal Share over 2 grant awards out of 5 applications. I've slowly been picking up information which seems to have made me much more confident than when I first applied (01, 02, 03 rejected)

In addition, I've scored a little over $200,000 in local grants over the past 5 years also.

When the money rolls in like this, the bad thing is that the guys think "we'll just get a grant to fix it" for everything that comes down the pipe. My fingers can't type fast enough anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by HDFireball1 View Post
                            Me, amazing I'm 2 for 5 for PPE. Lost this year with a vehicle grant. That's where I need the help. Who has a successful pumper/tanker narrative for a rural volunteer FD and/or any tips. I trade you an 1985 Ford with 185,000 miles, 3000 gallon milk truck with failing brakes and no seat belts. I'll throw in a full tank of diesel.
                            HD, what's your e-mail? I just so happen to have a narrative for a tanker/pumper I could share if you like. Just shoot me a message. [email protected]

Oh yeah...and since I'm posting...I guess I'm the lucky guy who gets to write for my home department and then I also help out a couple of other local departments.

You know, being the guy that writes the stuff can truly pay off in the end, because then you get to have a little more say in what exactly it is that you end up with. Of course that just means you sit on another committee and have more meetings to go to, but hey, at least you're picking the toys YOU want.

Edited to add:
                            Ok, I swore I wasn't going to forget this...but obviously I did. Certainly wouldn't have gotten this far if it weren't for Kurt, Brian, and the rest of the gang here on the forums. Without all of you, I'm certain I wouldn't be where I'm at now. :sobb sobb: Ok, I've gotta go now...I'm starting to tear up
                            Last edited by Not2L84U2; 02-08-2007, 09:38 AM. Reason: Sorry, had to correct my e-mail and give props

Comment

Sly, My chief has taken that sam standpoint. (Can't we get a grant for that) A lot of people just don't understand what needs to go into these grants if you want to make it to the next level. A lot of research and a lot of time. I have a couple of guys that help me with a lot of the research and develpoment. Kurt gives great input and is a good critic if you screw something up. From what I have learned thus far, you have got to look at the details on the grants and we keep very articulate records containing everything from the time of phone calls, to subject matter in those calls.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X