X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoneyMan29
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2007

Other grants and funding.......

I'm a new chief of a small volunteer department in Maryland. We applied in 2005 for a FEMA grant and received a DJ in October of 2005. This most recent FEMA grant I received an email on 1/6/2007 for the 1199A form, but was unable to get it back until early this week. And we received our 10 questions a couple days later which I filled out and emailed back immediately. First, will getting the 1199 back 2 weeks after receiving it hurt us? Second does receiving these 2 requests mean we are receiving our grant?

Also, does anyone know of any other grants that are available to small departments out in the hicks of Maryland? If so please let me know what grants and where I can find the information on them.
  • onebugle
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Jan 2005

Taking 2 weeks to get the 1199A returned should not hurt your chances. Your chances (99%) are excellent for recieving the grant. The 1199A and 10 q's are indicators that you are moving towards the grant. It's not official until you recieve that coverted e-mail telling you have been awarded. Chilling the bubbly wouldn't hurt.

Comment

• bferris01
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2006

Help

HI,
      Drop me a email at [email protected]. We are a small startup fire department as of 4-2006 in Bakerton WV (AKA hicks of WV)and might have a couple idea that we have found to help out some. We are in teh final stages of getting some land donated and hope to break ground on the station in the spring.

Maybe we can even work out a swap of donated stuff to help each other out.

We do have a website up now, check it out at www.bfd7.com

Take care adn looking forward to hering from you.

Brian
      Chief 7 Bakerton Fire
      [email protected]

Comment

• DianeC
        MembersZone Subscriber
        • Dec 1998

Don't know where you're at but these websites may help:

Last edited by Diane E; 02-02-2007, 07:23 PM. Reason: fix grammar
        "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
        -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

• ktb9780
          MembersZone Subscriber
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by MoneyMan29
          I'm a new chief of a small volunteer department in Maryland. We applied in 2005 for a FEMA grant and received a DJ in October of 2005. This most recent FEMA grant I received an email on 1/6/2007 for the 1199A form, but was unable to get it back until early this week. And we received our 10 questions a couple days later which I filled out and emailed back immediately. First, will getting the 1199 back 2 weeks after receiving it hurt us? Second does receiving these 2 requests mean we are receiving our grant?

Also, does anyone know of any other grants that are available to small departments out in the hicks of Maryland? If so please let me know what grants and where I can find the information on them.
          I can help you out on that guy. Give me a shout, check profile!
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

• mfriwmd
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2006

Help in Maryland

Moneyman,

Call me sometime in my office and we can talk. I will be in the office all this week.

David Lewis
            Maryland Fire & Rescue Institute

Phone: 301-226-9936
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

• asstrace
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2005

Looking for Info

Hi, does anyone have a information on grants for fire station construction? Located in Massachusetts.
              Thank you for your time.

Comment

• onebugle
                MembersZone Subscriber
                • Jan 2005

Take a look at the USDA Rural Emergency Responders Inititiative at:

As for Massachusetts, you know as well as I do, getting new infrastructure is difficult at best. This requires community backing. Which usually entails a Prop 2 1/2 override, a long shot at best.

If you can find a way to reclassify yourself as a school, there is almost an unlimited amount of funding (at the expense of every one else).

Another option is on the scope of the project. If small enough check with a local Votech school, they are always looking for projects to work on to provide training opportunities for the students.

Comment

• Limeforever
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2005

Bugle,
                  Has kurt talked you into doing the FEPP part for him yet up at Earls?

Comment

• onebugle
                    MembersZone Subscriber
                    • Jan 2005

Limeforever,

Thanks for the vote of confidence , but I'm a novice with FEPP. The one that's the expert is neiowa. Now he's the one that needs to get on the lecture circuit.

Comment

• Limeforever
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2005

My apologis, I was confused and thinking about that new mini that you just got.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...