Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limeforever
    replied
    Just about all the departments that have tools aroud us have either Amkus or TNT. They both seem to be pretty dependable. Have only used a hurst combo tool and it was pretty heavy, but it did an excellent job. We have alot of heavy trucking accidents and need something that will handle the big trucks as well as the regular autos. W hope to stay "Interoperable" We do run a lot of automatic aid.

Leave a comment:

• BB3939
    replied
    I don't want to start a flap about extrication brands, but the ability to cut or spread has noting to do with brand names (at least among the major brands). It has to do with the true power of the tool, using the tool correctly to get the rated power, and the skill of the rescue tech. A particuliar tool of any brand may not be suited to do the spread or cut based on the part of the arm or blade that is being used.

Leave a comment:

• whitesox4life
    replied
    I think your best bet would be to go with Hurst. Yeah, they are heavy, but when it comes down to power, they blow everybody out of the water. We had to pop a door a few weeks ago and used our Holmatro equipment and couldnt pop it. Brought the Hurst in from neighboring dept. and had it popped in 1 attempt. Like I said they are heavy but they are well worth the investment. If you are in the midwest, shoot me an email and I will get you information on a place that sells, repairs, and does PM on Hurst/Centaur, MSA, and Horton ambulances. [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Limeforever
    replied
    Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• kerekesk
    replied
    Here's a list I found, hope it's helpful. http://www.ehsf.org/docs/VRSRMANUAL2000.pdf

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    PA put together a list for state certification of rescues. Shoot me an email, I think it's too big to post here, and it might take me a little bit to find it. Buried somewhere on the hard drive.

Leave a comment:

• Limeforever
    replied
    Any body have a list of the equipment that would usually be carried on a heavy rescue? We have the chassis and the bed is ordered, and have been raising some money for the equipment, just need a list to go buy to help me finish my list. Would like to apply for some of the equipment through this years FIRE act. Any help would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Keep an eye on CEDAP for extrication equipment. That will be opening at about the same time as AFG, and I'd be willing to bet that extrication will still be on their list. Info on the last CEDAP program can be found here:
    http://www.rkb.mipt.org/
    Good luck.
    earl

Leave a comment:

• onebugle
    replied
    A local department recieved a $35,000 grant (fed/local share) last year for a full set of extrication tools & accessories and air bags.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    The PG says the request must be reasonable. Take that to mean shop your process carefully and get an average and you won't get reduced in most cases.

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    The Program Guidance always cautions you that the request must be "reasonable". That means shop your prices well and get the "average". If you stay with that game plan, most times you do not end up with a reduction.

Leave a comment:

• CTJAKE
    started a topic Extrication equipment

Extrication equipment

Do they have set limits on extrication equipment, like they do for turnout gear? How about fitness equipment?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X