2006 Grant Question - 10 questions x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Grant Question - 10 questions x 2

I was going to throw this out there and see if this been seen by anyone else. Heres the timeline, 2006 Grant for operations for an exhaust system and SCBA upgrades, 10 questions received on 06 Sep. Reply sent in around 07 Sep. No action or information after that until now. An updated 10 questions form resent on 24 Jan 07. This has a new 10 questions, and an information sheet for the structural modification portion for the exhaust system. I guess my question is has this happened to anyone else? Did the original 10 questions form need to be redone as it left off the building modification form or could this have been one of the 10 question replies that might have been lost. I know that we had checked with the help desk a couple of times and they stated we would be contacted if there was an issue. I guess fingers crossed and we are hopefully back in it!!!

Also the 10 question form had a new question from the one sent in September that was actually numbered 10.

10) Complete Set of Turnout Gear Applicants Only: Include an itemized cost breakdown of what makes up a "Complete" set of gear in your reply.

With the 30 day timeline (I think we blew that one out of the water), hopefully this time we will get there around the middle of Feb!!!!
    Last edited by Tallyho74; 01-25-2007, 12:28 AM.

Originally posted by Tallyho74 View Post
    Did the original 10 questions form need to be redone as it left off the building modification form or could this have been one of the 10 question replies that might have been lost.
    The original 10 questions should have included the station modification questions. Since they did not, they resent them to you in the proper format.

If any thing the AFG is consistent this year, issues with the 10 questions have been happening regularly.

Comment

We recieved the 10 Q's for station modification in early October. They included the correct questions including floodplain and assessment information. We have since received e-mails regarding closing out our 2003 grant which we have done. We have not heard a thing since. Any call to the helpdesk has gotten a "hurry up and wait".

Comment

The question 10 you posted I've seen somewhere else as well. However, it wasn't present on the 10Q's I got just the other day on my gear/SCBA/RIT pack grant. What's up with that? Or does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
          The question 10 you posted I've seen somewhere else as well. However, it wasn't present on the 10Q's I got just the other day on my gear/SCBA/RIT pack grant. What's up with that? Or does anyone know?
          There are different questions for a Modifications of Facilities Grant and for Vehicles than for PPE/Equipment.
          Kurt Bradley
          Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
          " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

Originally posted by ktb9780 View Post
            There are different questions for a Modifications of Facilities Grant and for Vehicles than for PPE/Equipment.
            I understand that part. What I'm not getting is that I've seen a couple people post the bunker gear question "10) Complete Set of Turnout Gear Applicants Only: Include an itemized cost breakdown of what makes up a "Complete" set of gear in your reply. Complete sets of turnouts is exactly what I requested as well, but didn't get this question on my 10q's.

Comment

We were awarded in the 6th round for complete sets of turnout gear. I don't remember that question #10 being on there.

I'll check to make sure.

Comment

In the Same Boat

Originally posted by celsokid View Post
                We recieved the 10 Q's for station modification in early October. They included the correct questions including floodplain and assessment information. We have since received e-mails regarding closing out our 2003 grant which we have done. We have not heard a thing since. Any call to the helpdesk has gotten a "hurry up and wait".
                I received our questions on 10/10 and returned them on the same day. Part of our grant is for building modifications. Is this why there is a delay.

Comment

Station modifications will only cause a delay if there are flood plain issues and/or the building(s) exceed 50 years old. Both situations require additional review at the fed and local levels.

If these areas have no bearing, then the station modifications should not cause a delay.

Per the PG:

Please note that activities involving modifications to facilities are subject to all applicable environmental and historic preservation requirements. Applicants seeking assistance to modify their facilities may undergo additional screening in order for their application to be considered for award. Specifically, DHS is required to ascertain to what degree the proposed modifications to fire stations or facilities might affect an applicant ’s structures relative to the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 and National Flood Insurance Program regulations. DHS must assess the effect,if any, and approve the project prior to any implementation. No project can proceed – except for planning – prior to formal DHS approval. Noncompliance with this provision (i.e., proceeding with a project, other than planning, prior to formal approval) may jeopardize an applicant ’s award and subsequent funding.
                  Last edited by onebugle; 02-01-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X