SCBA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBA Question

Does anyone happen to know the approximate allowance for SCBA and bottles? Trying to gather all my information for 07. Thanks in advance.
    Marc Volger
    Lieutenant
    Ann Arbor Township Fire Department
    4319 Goss Road
    Ann Arbor, MI. 48105
    (734) 741-5900

I think the limit is 5000 dollars per pack and extra bottle, mask and pass included.

Comment

That will go out the window soon. The 2007 standards seem to be adding anywhere from $1000-1500 per pack across all manufacturers. DHS adjusts their prices based on the market, so vehicle & SCBA allowances will go up. They don't publish the maximums because they don't want anyone asking for that without checking prices at app time.

List price is what should be put in, sometimes 3% more for inflation. With spanning calendar years on awards some manufacturers raise prices Jan 1. You don't want to get caught too short to make the project happen.
      Brian P. Vickers
      www.vickersconsultingservices.com
      Emergency Services Consulting
      Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
      Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

We received our DHS Congrats letter this past Friday. We received $5000 for each pack for 12 packs. We are able to get all of these packs compliant with the March '07 standards and then some. I would put what we are submitting in our RFP but if I do I might receive 10,000 people wanting to bid before we put out for bidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Cappy05 View Post
          We received our DHS Congrats letter this past Friday. We received $5000 for each pack for 12 packs. We are able to get all of these packs compliant with the March '07 standards and then some. I would put what we are submitting in our RFP but if I do I might receive 10,000 people wanting to bid before we put out for bidding.

Any chance to let me see it? I am going to try to submit for an upgrade to our MSA'S. We use the 30 min big bottles as of now, but we can't hook into any of our automatic aid departments due to the configuration of the slide on our masks. If you wont let me see your submit, do you have any tips for me to write in the grant.

Thanks,
          Joe
          [email protected]

Comment

Have thought about applying for SCBA witha compressor, cascade and fill station. Any suggestions on the fill station, compressor? All of our mutual/automatic aid had MSA so we will probably go that way just to keep the interoperability.

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
              That will go out the window soon. The 2007 standards seem to be adding anywhere from $1000-1500 per pack across all manufacturers. DHS adjusts their prices based on the market, so vehicle & SCBA allowances will go up. They don't publish the maximums because they don't want anyone asking for that without checking prices at app time.

List price is what should be put in, sometimes 3% more for inflation. With spanning calendar years on awards some manufacturers raise prices Jan 1. You don't want to get caught too short to make the project happen.
              Brian, what has changed for '07?

Comment

Mainly the testing standards, which has driven costs up. The electronics all had to get beefed up to last 2 hours underwater, tumble test, 2 more hours in water, time in 400 degree heat, etc, etc, etc. I have something around here that detailed the changes, have to look it up sometime after I find coffee and eat breakfast.
                Brian P. Vickers
                www.vickersconsultingservices.com
                Emergency Services Consulting
                Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
                Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Gotcha! So no new products or requirements as far as like adding HUD, RAC/UAC, Integrated PASS, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
                    Gotcha! So no new products or requirements as far as like adding HUD, RAC/UAC, Integrated PASS, etc.
                    Wasn't that part of the last standard?

Brian, whats you opinion on a station mounted compressor? We already have a mobile cascade in town, a stationary cascade we could use, but we lack the capability to refill the cascades. Now it involves taking a heavy rescue out of town for a few hours to refill. We just upgraded packs a few years ago, so the comp seems to be the missing piece of the project.

Comment

Originally posted by quint1officer View Post
                      Wasn't that part of the last standard?

Brian, whats you opinion on a station mounted compressor? We already have a mobile cascade in town, a stationary cascade we could use, but we lack the capability to refill the cascades. Now it involves taking a heavy rescue out of town for a few hours to refill. We just upgraded packs a few years ago, so the comp seems to be the missing piece of the project.
                      Right, I guess that's what I meant...no changes with major components such as they did in the last revision with the HUD, RAC/UAC, Integrated PASS, etc.

Comment

The only thing I really heard new was cbrn compliant and upgraded electronics.

Comment

If I remember right, the Scott rep I talked to at fire school last weekend talked like voice amps were part of the new standard as well. There's several things he listed, but since they exceeded what I priced for packs on our grant I didn't make an effort to remember.

Comment

Voice amps are needed

We got voice amps on our Scotts from a 2004 grant - it's hard to imagine not having them now. It's great to be able to communicate with your partner without blowing your lungs out shouting.

Comment

Originally posted by resqdive45 View Post
                              Any chance to let me see it? I am going to try to submit for an upgrade to our MSA'S. We use the 30 min big bottles as of now, but we can't hook into any of our automatic aid departments due to the configuration of the slide on our masks. If you wont let me see your submit, do you have any tips for me to write in the grant.

Thanks,
                              Joe
                              [email protected]

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. Lind a covered up. it will not be a problem to send you our narrative. I would sugest one thing though. be sure to specify everything that you need. I wrote ours for SCBAs. DHS intterpretation is that SCBA is basically anything that is attached, such as the mask, voice amp and any other bells and whistles that are attached. I did not put in the grant for any accessories such as mask bags, cases, RIT bag etc. Therefore the extras fall out of the main scope of the project. They can still be purchased because they relate to the scope but it is under the "flex" (for lack of a longer explanation). Just be sure to put in everything you need ("NEED" is very important).

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X