How soon is too soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon is too soon?

Our performance period for our tanker ends 11-08-07. All of the bids we have narrowed down to all show 300+ build dates. How soon should we think about filing for an extension?? Should we ask for an extension to see if we even get it before we sign on the dotted line or should we wait until we're closer to the end of the performance period to see if they might actually deliver a truck early? Has anyone ever been turned down for an extension for an apparatus? What do you do then? We have included a performance bond in our bid as well as a "late fee" type of penalty.

delivery time

What we have been told is that they have "inflated" their numbers to cover their butts in the event of any time issue for delivery. "They don't want to have to pay any penalties." Past history with AFG $$$$$$$$$$$ has brought this into play hard this year.

Comment

Our brush/quick attack build on an in-stock chassis (on of the last '07 diesels in the nation!!) was inked in December, the build should start in early May with a 7-1 delivery. We're okay on ours, but this is my first truck order--i'm amazed that the bidding, opening, awarding, inking, etc, ect can all be done in 12 months on an engine or tanker/tender!!

Ryan--i got your registration for Kurt's seminar this morning. Are you bringing the better half with you??

earl

Comment

Usually they don't want the extention filed until you know for sure that it's not coming in. Like SFD said they're all inflated delivery dates so who really knows when they're going to come in.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Earl,

Glad you got the fax. Was going to e-mail you when I got home. Better half is coming. Bring the check with or mail it in with the registration form?

Brian,

That's kind of what I figured. Do you think there would be an issue with us getting an extension though when the time comes? How much of an extension do they grant?

Comment

I've been through the extension of the performance period with our brush truck. As Brian pointed out they want a definitive answer to actual delivery date, they want to keep it to 1 extension. After a conversation with our FPS, I submitted an extesnion request just over 1 month prior to the end of the perfromance period. As for how long to extend the period will depend on the delivery date (ours was extended 2 months). If its scheduled for the middle of the month, have the extension go to the end of the month (which I did).

FYI: If you do submit an extension and it's approved, it nulls your semi-annual report (I can't take credit for this posted by another) meaning you have to submit a new one.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X