Eastern PA Grant Seminar (Chesco) Feb 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern PA Grant Seminar (Chesco) Feb 5

The West Chester Fire Department is hosting a one night Grant Writing Seminar courtesy of MES, featuring PA native Brian Vickers, assuming his driveway melts before then and he can reach the airport. Monday Feb, 5, 6-10 PM (refreshments provided). Class will be held at the West Chester Fire Training Center, 351 Snyder Ave, WC, 19382. Call Jim Kneass - MES PA Sales 610-633-5290 ([email protected]) to reserve a seat. Additional info at www.firegraphics.org. Classroom seats 30. Brian will impart wit, wisdom, and some recent pictures of his beautiful daughter all at no charge.

I'll already be up there so no fear on the driveway down here being melted. I start the Jersey tour on the 31st, then Lancaster & Bucks (2) along with ChesCo.

Again any of the locations are free to anyone in the magic 38 states listed. Just takes a phone call or email to grab your seat.

And I might have some pictures of Emma, if she would stay still long enough for me to get some that aren't blurry. Video, yeah we got those. What kind of father would I be if I wasn't banking away baby pics and videos to embarrass my kids later in life. Between that and threatening her dates, what other great joys can a Dad have in the teenage years?
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
      Between that and threatening her dates, what other great joys can a Dad have in the teenage years?

Walking them down the aisle (without a shotgun) and letting the other new "son-in-law" pay their clothing, cellphone and makeup bills is a great and welcome joy to any father by that time. Been there, done that with three of them so far.
      Kurt Bradley
      Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
      " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I don't know, with the size of our families I'd rather keep paying the cell phone bill than a wedding reception.
        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

I'll show up for this one too...

Comment

Directions to WCFTC; North or South on Rte 202, exit at Matlack Street going north toward West Chester Borough (Kellys Sports on corner). Proceed 1/4 mile turn right on Snyder Ave. Fire School is down on the left.
            351 Snyder Ave. West Chester, PA 19382 - 20 mins from Delaware State Line 25 minutes from King of Prussia (leave additional timefor rush hour.)
            Please remember to pre-register Jim Kneass MES-PA sales 610-633-5290.

Comment

As of yesterday 1/29/07, 15 seats taken, 15 seats still available. Don't miss out on this great information courtesy of MES - PA!

Comment

Originally posted by cap51wwr View Post
                (leave additional timefor rush hour.)
                That's putting it mildly. 202 S is always backed up from Chesterbrook to Route 30 every day. I go north from West Chester to 401 and have never seen it not be backed up.

Brian: Sorry I won't be able to attend. I'll be teaching my air bag class in Havertown that night. It's a shame since you'll be right around the corner from my job. I'd like to meet you.
                Steve Dragon
                FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
                Volunteers are never "off duty".
                http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

202 backed up? Why I've never seen that....

Would definitely like to put a face with a name one day Steve. And take the air bag class, been a while since I had one of those.
                  Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Well, "backed up" is a relative term, of course.......Brian - some of your students will be late, sitting on 202 S, actually looking at the drill tower at the fire training center. So near and yet so far.
                    Steve - sorry you won't be there, it would be good to get some writers who have had some grant success in the class.

John L

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
                      And take the air bag class, been a while since I had one of those.
                      Simple solution Brian. Have your department fly me down (1st class of course) and put me up at the Four Seasons (Royal Suite only). I'll be glad to come down and do it.

Or maybe it will get accepted for FDIC next year.
                      Steve Dragon
                      FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
                      Volunteers are never "off duty".
                      http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

I just got informed that FDIC doesn't want me there either. But I've got 2 at FH World and now 4 at Expo, so we can hang out and drink Lager in Baltimore toasting those that don't want us.

I'll fly you in 1st class as soon as I get to fly in it. My new stingy boss (Me) won't let Myself the Employee pay 10x more for a ticket when the rest of the plane goes to the same spot too. Maybe back in the day I could drink enough to make up for the cost difference, but not anymore....
                        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Thanks to Jim Kneass, MES-PA and Brian Vickers for a VERY informative evening; we could have stayed for several more hours just asking questions. If you have the opportunity to attend a seminar and don't take advantage of it, you're setting your company up to fail; in the case of grants ignorance is not bliss.

Comment

Thanks to Bill & John for letting us use their casa de training. It's nice to keep meeting people and putting faces to emails.
                            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

I must have been severely stuck on 202. Registered for this class, had it all set and was looking forward to it, and then realized it conflicted with our Water Rescue training.

I tried to e-mail Jim but the e-mail kicked back.

Sorry I missed out.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X