Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

07 AFG - New Pumper Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I'm getting too old for guessing games. Now I play a mean game of Peek-A-Boo....

    But somewhat seriously, there's not much I can think of that makes sense, which is probably why I'll never guess it. They can't restrict to commercial chassis over custom b/c you can't put aerials on them. I know you can but that's just asking for trouble. Anyway... Can't limit cab types, only few thousand difference between 2dr & 4dr commercial.

    About the only thing I can think of is some sort of additional questions to further scrutinize the department's application to truly get the trucks to those in need, not those that play games. Or in the case of some news I heard this morning, ones that order new trucks 2 weeks after putting in a grant application for one and saying we're too poor to buy one. Then get awarded and brag about it to others that got denied.

    Ya know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to be in the fire service but it would sure be nice to get some basic common sense and intelligence in some areas.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
      Well come on Brian...don't keep us in suspense...what's your guess?
      Well....i have less hair than Brian, but....
      My guess (uneducated and with NO inside info or contacts) is that vehicles will....
      1. Have a higher local match (10% for rural, etc)
      and/or
      2. Longer period of performance (18 months to reduce the extensions)
      and/or
      3. No money in the game for the Feds until delivery (in addition to the performance bond)

      Purely guessing. Do we need a new thread and a pool?? Can we get imafireman to ante up a Hank's Birch Beer???

      earl

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BC79er View Post
        ...Or in the case of some news I heard this morning, ones that order new trucks 2 weeks after putting in a grant application for one and saying we're too poor to buy one. Then get awarded and brag about it to others that got denied.
        Wow, do you think that might have been the same one that posted here a few months back??

        earl

        Comment


        • #19
          Nope. Different one. Might surface eventually. And won't be good news for the "award" recipients. Defrauding the federal government is not a good thing, and since no one probably ever reads them, it says in the assurances that things will be referred to the Attorney General. I'm thinking of a quote from Office Space...
          Brian P. Vickers
          www.vickersconsultingservices.com
          Emergency Services Consulting
          Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
          Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Greenacres2 View Post
            Well....i have less hair than Brian, but....
            My guess (uneducated and with NO inside info or contacts) is that vehicles will....
            1. Have a higher local match (10% for rural, etc)
            and/or
            2. Longer period of performance (18 months to reduce the extensions)
            and/or
            3. No money in the game for the Feds until delivery (in addition to the performance bond)

            Purely guessing. Do we need a new thread and a pool?? Can we get imafireman to ante up a Hank's Birch Beer???

            earl

            If what Brian said is true about the ordering after submitting and then bragging about the award, I would expect that the wordings will be different for that area. I am hoping that the match does not increase. Honestly, I do not know how we could come up with the funding to match at 10%. AND as far as the birch beer, If I am able to write a narrative to get funding for a pumper tanker next year, I will get you a case of that somehow!! If Kurt wasnt on his way to PA this weekend, I would have probably made the trip out to your seminar and brought it along with me!! My wife even gave me permission to come out!! SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by imafireman View Post
              If what Brian said is true about the ordering after submitting and then bragging about the award, I would expect that the wordings will be different for that area. I am hoping that the match does not increase. Honestly, I do not know how we could come up with the funding to match at 10%. AND as far as the birch beer, If I am able to write a narrative to get funding for a pumper tanker next year, I will get you a case of that somehow!! If Kurt wasnt on his way to PA this weekend, I would have probably made the trip out to your seminar and brought it along with me!! My wife even gave me permission to come out!! SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK!!
              I'm thinking you ought to come out anyway. We can put you to work as a volunteer--getting the snacks ready, organizing lunch, stuff like that. Shoot, we could make you the "social director"!!

              We're coming down to the last two weeks for the discounted fee in Northwest Indiana. My hard-core guess is that if they are saying there will be significant changes, that getting smarter is getting wiser.

              earl (got the hankerin' for a Hank's!!)

              Comment

              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

              Collapse

              Upper 300x250

              Collapse

              Taboola

              Collapse

              Leader

              Collapse
              Working...
              X