Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 10 Questions, but DHS really screwed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FortBayou801
    replied
    Generally after the Questions are answered you get the "official" notification in about 3-4 weeks. In the past I have recieved the questions and grant approval about 3-4 weeks, which appears to be the way this year is also going - also recieved a followup asking if we would accept less and requested - which I stated we would. Not gloating or anything but I'm batting .500 3/6 on grants and have not hired a single person to write it for me.

Tip: Don't be greedy and watch the 100% and standards compliance issues.

Leave a comment:

• medicskippy
    replied
    Similar problem

Funny thing happened I had contacted my congressman office on Monday and they told me basically the AFG peolple stated no news is good news. Also they had 2000 awards to give out hopefully by the end of Februaury. On Friday I rec'd my questions however it wasn't addressed to Palnkerhorn it was a MArtin something but everyting else was right. By Tuesday they had emailed the corrections.
    Does anyone remeber how long it takes once the questions are forwarded back before we hear anything?
    Originally posted by HallSummitLA View Post
    Got the 10 questions today. (The 2006 number appeared earlier this week on an older 1199A form.) Great! However, DHS screwed up big time. In the greetings line, it reads "Dear Mr. Chip Plankenhorn". That is NOT my name, nor is it the name of anyone associated with our grant. It gets worse when they ask the question about our EIN being correct. They list an EIN in the 10 ?s, but it is NOT our EIN. I did a search for it, and that EIN is for "Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company Number One" in Williamsport, PA. We are in Louisiana and have a name nothing like "Loyalsock".

However, the subject line of the email has our correct dept. name and our correct grant reference number.

It's gonna be a long wait till Monday morning when I can call the Help Desk about this one... Why me???

Leave a comment:

• shoreops
    replied
    Standing by for more

Got the 10 on Friday addressed to Chip, made some preliminary notifications, only to arrive this morning and read that the email was in error and to ignore (big gulp), came back from a grant meeting and found the correct email questions,,,, almost $900k for a regional com grant. A bunch of departments are feeling better now!

Many fingers are crossed.

Leave a comment:

• SBLGFD
    replied
    OK - so here’s a twist - I got a e-mail today explaining they had sent a previous e-mail to me with the incorrect information, and that I should ignore it and they will resend a corrected version. Great but I never got the earlier “incorrect”-mail. Anyone else receive this ?

Thanks
    SBLGFD

Leave a comment:

• fyremanbob
    replied
    Not here

Not much lake effect here earl, 30 miles to the west where I work they got 8-10 inches.

A little ice, a few downed lines, pretty ho-hum weather wise in my corner of the world.

bob

Leave a comment:

• Greenacres2
    replied
    Originally posted by waterboy1 View Post
    Have some fun... I answered Fridays with the right answers and todays with the wrong answers.

Just kidding...
    This year's grape harvest fermenting a little early??? LOL

How'd y'all do on the ice/snow up there the last few days??

earl

Leave a comment:

• waterboy1
    replied
    Have some fun... I answered Fridays with the right answers and todays with the wrong answers.

Just kidding...

Leave a comment:

• fyremanbob
    replied
    Help Desk info

Since I called the help desk Friday and got the original notice to just 'cut and paste' the correct info into your mail I thought I would research the change of plans today. Now I am told that some of the questions pertained to vehicle purchase, building footprint or historical significance etc. and there for could not be the one or two generic letters that were sent. So much for trying keep the system moving. I am now being told to answer the questions in the new letter and resubmit..... not a big deal.....they just want to be sure you are answering all the questions that pertain to your grant. Mine has already been received and resubmitted. Hey......maybe I'll get double

bob

Leave a comment:

• ktb9780
    replied
    I don't know about you but if the email had my grant award # on it, even if addressed to the wrong person; I would respond to it with my grant # in the subject line and pointing out that it was addressed to the wrong person but, here is your answers anyway, just in case. I am not deleting any email they send me, in case something else happens and I need to go back and prove my case. What is the worst case scenario here? They send another email to you with the right name, grant # etc. on it and ask you to answer them again?Big deal.

Leave a comment:

• BC79er
    replied
    Funny on Friday they said answer them as if they were sent to you.

Leave a comment:

• flathead
    replied
    I tried to log on earlier, but got DNS server error....anyhow, I called the grant helpline this AM and they said to ignore/delete the e-mail. If you are to recieve the questions, they will re-mail them to you.

Leave a comment:

• mfriwmd
    replied
    I received an email today acknowledging the error and stating that a corrected email would be sent out.

Now, if we made a similar mistake on our application, what do you think would happen?

Things that make you say hmmm !

Leave a comment:

• bbrown7602c
    replied
    chip letter

We recieved the chip questions as well, was a little concerned until I checked out this forum. I will be able to sleep tonight.

Leave a comment:

• msgogeke
    replied
    Who is Chip? I'm Chipper

I sent the Chip letter off first after ONLY checking my online app with only a glance at the EIN in the email. So then as usual I had to resend the corrected 10qs reply including the corrected EIN...then I got a little worried since there are so many scams out there I thought someone had spoofed FEMA's email and I had gave chief the good news and all. THanks whoever started this thread, I can rest easy and be happy we are really shaping up our department thanks to FEMA.

Leave a comment:

• chip5018
    replied
    Chip Chip

Hey, I got the e mail for Chip also. Oh yeah that's me. Since all the emails were in my name can I have all the money. HA HA By the way your welcome to all the other Chip's out there. Im glad my name helped everyone out.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X