Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 10 Questions, but DHS really screwed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be the last big push before the DJs. But still doesn't seem like this would hit all 2000+ awards that we know are pending. I think we're in for some DJs next week.
    Brian P. Vickers
    www.vickersconsultingservices.com
    Emergency Services Consulting
    Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
    Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

My Deputy Chief just called .....got the 10 Q's
      [FONT=Times New Roman]Douglas R. Patton
      IACOJ
      "Omnis Cedo Domus"
      I am now a former Chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone.
      Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Originally posted by BC79er View Post
        Might be the last big push before the DJs. But still doesn't seem like this would hit all 2000+ awards that we know are pending. I think we're in for some DJs next week.
        That's sorta what I was getting at. I'd say the final DJs will go out within the next 2 weeks, with a few of those being "if we find more money, you'll be contacted."

I'm just looking at how many 'non-regular' posters came out of the woodwork this week to post about the e-mail snafu, and we certainly don't account for all those who apply.

There have to be tons pending now.

Comment

Add me to the "I got Chip's letter" fan club. I was going to call DHS on Monday. I think I may still do that anyway.

Comment

Definitely a lot more applicants than posters around here, although slowly they're being sucked in, I mean converted, to regular visitors and posters.

They're all realizing that life really begins and ends in here. Says the guy with almost 4000 posts... (cough) Get a life! (cough)
            Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Originally posted by HallSummitLA View Post
              Got the 10 questions today. (The 2006 number appeared earlier this week on an older 1199A form.) Great! However, DHS screwed up big time. In the greetings line, it reads "Dear Mr. Chip Plankenhorn". That is NOT my name, nor is it the name of anyone associated with our grant. It gets worse when they ask the question about our EIN being correct. They list an EIN in the 10 ?s, but it is NOT our EIN. I did a search for it, and that EIN is for "Loyalsock Volunteer Fire Company Number One" in Williamsport, PA. We are in Louisiana and have a name nothing like "Loyalsock".

However, the subject line of the email has our correct dept. name and our correct grant reference number.

It's gonna be a long wait till Monday morning when I can call the Help Desk about this one... Why me???
              You might better hold that call till Tuesday. MLK National Holiday is Monday, they will be shut down.
              Kurt Bradley
              Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
              " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Comment

I believe on the main page near the top it said the help
                line will be open Monday. I know Chip and I will be calling.

Comment

10 q's

I received 1199a on the 8th and 10q's today, also for Chip. I made the corrections and sent it back.

Comment

Mee Too

Friday I also got the 10Q's addressed to Chip....I just corrected everything and sent it back. I'm guessing there are going to be some really big award days coming up.
                    Joe Fireman

Comment

Chip has a brother...

OK, I got one today too....except, this one wasn't addressed to Chip, mine is addressed to Martin Michaels. Of course, Martins EIN and ours our different, but it does have our correct grant number.

Another wierd thing..... This 10Q's is for station modification, and asks several Q's about that, but we wrote for operations and safety.

Wierd....

I'll be calling the help desk.

Comment

They probably tried another batch but never corrected the merge problem.
                        Brian P. Vickers

Comment

Chip Chip

Hey, I got the e mail for Chip also. Oh yeah that's me. Since all the emails were in my name can I have all the money. HA HA By the way your welcome to all the other Chip's out there. Im glad my name helped everyone out.

Comment

Who is Chip? I'm Chipper

I sent the Chip letter off first after ONLY checking my online app with only a glance at the EIN in the email. So then as usual I had to resend the corrected 10qs reply including the corrected EIN...then I got a little worried since there are so many scams out there I thought someone had spoofed FEMA's email and I had gave chief the good news and all. THanks whoever started this thread, I can rest easy and be happy we are really shaping up our department thanks to FEMA.

Comment

chip letter

We recieved the chip questions as well, was a little concerned until I checked out this forum. I will be able to sleep tonight.

Comment

I received an email today acknowledging the error and stating that a corrected email would be sent out.

Now, if we made a similar mistake on our application, what do you think would happen?

Things that make you say hmmm !

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X