Can both entities apply for AFG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can both entities apply for AFG?

The Stanley Hose Co. Inc. is a member owned fire department. If you are a member of the Stanley Hose Co. you also become a member of the Village of Sherman Fire Department. The Stanley Hose Co. owns all of its equipment and apparatus except one pumper, which is owned and maintained by the Sherman Fire Department. This pumper is housed in the Stanley Hose Co. Fire Station and is utilized by the Stanley Hose Co. members like it was their own. The Village of Sherman has a different EIN than the Stanley Hose Co. All of the Stanley Hose Co.’s Tax Contract monies must go through the Village of Sherman before distributed to them.

My question is can both entities apply for separate grants through AFG?

Interesting question.

1) Do the departments share facilities?

2) Is the membership identical between the 2 departments?

3) In regards to TO's, does each member have 2 sets (1 for each department) or just 1 whether they respond with the hose co. or the village?

4) Why are the tax monies going through the village before distribution to the hose co.?

Comment

I'm nosy

Just my 2 cents

Does the Stanley Fire Hose company respond to any calls that the Sherman does not? or vice versa??

What about reports, does each entity do a fire report subject to state or federal reporting requirements? (such as NFIRS)

Just wondering.... we have a department in our area with similar arrangements

bob
      I got your back

Comment

pumper is housed in the Stanley Hose Co. Fire Station and is utilized by the Stanley Hose Co. members like it was their own.
        That makes it one department, only one application can be submitted. PG states that any entities that share facilities are treated as 1 organization.
        Brian P. Vickers
        www.vickersconsultingservices.com
        Emergency Services Consulting
        Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
        Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Thank you

Brian

PS - Very informative article in FH Mag.

Comment

Thanks. Trying to expand on things I notice in dealing with so many departments on grants. Most of us have 401Ks, IRAs, or savings accounts, but when we go to the firehouse suddenly planning for the financial future doesn't apply. Grants are great, but they're not the long term answer for the secure financial future of the fire service.
            Brian P. Vickers
            www.vickersconsultingservices.com
            Emergency Services Consulting
            Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
            Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse